Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times Empty [The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:13

Hi,

I have a legitimate updated copy of TS3 and Late Night. I have a few cc for hair, skin, overwatch, awesome and some sliders (about 30 mb worth total). My load times are extremely slow (only the load screen once I pick bridgeport) and I've only been playing for a week (save times are fine though, roughly 10-15 seconds). I've tried deleting cache, reinstalling, using game booster, removing ccs and everything else I could find. 

Removing the ccs themselves show no decreases in load times, but I found that if I have all my ccs in, but without my save files, it loads in only 30 seconds. However, if I wait out the hour load time, I can play flawlessly, no lag or any performance issues. I've also tried resetsim command, it didn't help. 

Any ideas? 

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

[The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times Empty Re: [The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:26

ctfdacow wrote:Removing the ccs themselves show no decreases in load times, but I found that if I have all my ccs in, but without my save files, it loads in only 30 seconds. However, if I wait out the hour load time, I can play flawlessly, no lag or any performance issues. I've also tried resetsim command, it didn't help. 
Hello,

Please elaborate. Can you explain "without all my save files, it loads only 30 seconds"? What save files are you loading?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

[The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times Empty Re: [The Sims 3 Late Night] One Hour Load Times

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:31

They are the same save files I've been playing for the past week. If I take those files out of the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder, it loads like a brand new game.

Last edited by ctfdacow on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:34

ctfdacow wrote:They are the same save files I've been playing for the past week. If I take those files out of the folder, it loads like a brand new game.
Hello,

The save files don't have significant relationship with the amount of loading time. I think the reasons why they are loading that slowly are that they are possibly corrupted. Can you create a new save and choose Bridgeport and see if there are any differences (with all those saves back in).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:39

I will try that. But I am currently in the process of redownloading from origin and reinstalling the games for the second time in hopes that it will work. I'll post an update once I do.

But lets just say there is or isn't a difference in loading time, what would that mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 13:03

ctfdacow wrote:But lets just say there is or isn't a difference in loading time, what would that mean?
Hello,

That will only mean there are some sort of unknown problems in your old saves. We will see what happens after you finished installing the base game and Late Night.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 23:56

The reinstall didn't help. I made a new save and the new save loads in about 1 minute with ccs. Is the only option of achieving reasonable load times to create a new save file?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 05:38

ctfdacow wrote:The reinstall didn't help. I made a new save and the new save loads in about 1 minute with ccs. Is the only option of achieving reasonable load times to create a new save file?
Hello,

That means the old saves are possibly corrupted. I suggest you save the households in the old saves to bin and create new saves with the same households. Go to Edit Town and save the families to bin.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 03:37

Thank you! That did the trick!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 03:46

Hello,

Anything else we can help you with?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top