Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!  Empty Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 09:12

Okay, so, I own the base game on Origin. I previously downloaded the game last year on my old laptop and it actually ran fine, but now I'm using my store bought game and I'm running into all sorts of problems. It was working fine at first but now it literally takes an hour to load, and then when I select my game, it takes another hour before it decides to stop responding. I did everything, cleared the cache, disabled my custom content, and then downloaded an expansion pack from here so I could use the Ultimate Fix. Did absolutely everything exactly as said, managed to get through all the errors eventually for it to take about 10 minutes to load; and for me to be met with 'Select a Town' with no town to select? Unable to click on anything neither.
I'm at a total loss, and I wasn't expecting my store bought game to mess up like this. I have been through every instruction page and tried everything. I'm not a complete noob at all this so I've done all the obvious things. My specs exceed the minimum requirement for playing the game, and it worked fine in the first place. Any extra help at all would be greatly appreciated! xo

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!  Empty Re: Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!

Post by invalidusername Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:32

Have you added any mods or cc to the game? Are you using a custom world?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!  Empty Re: Ridiculous loading times, up to an hour?!

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 21:46

No, I disabled all my custom content and removed everything from the Mods folder. I don't have any custom worlds or anything, I only ever downloaded clothes and hair and things, xo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 16:58

Yeah I'm also having this problem, I did manage to get rid of it by combining my package files into one package file if that makes sense but now it's happening again, idk I have to many glitches with my game right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 02:31

I had the same problem, my loading time wasn't an hour, but it was annoyingly long. These sites maybe able to help you. Scan your cc files before combining them. Some cc conflicts with other cc. This really helped cut my loading time in half. I hope this helps!

http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/s3pe/13-0129-1554/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 02:52

Did you realize that's actually for Sims2 and the download doesn't even run once downloaded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 21:45

You might want to look into CC Magic to help with all your content/reduce loading times.

I've got all the expansions and stuff packs, store content (~5gb ish) a few worlds, and a few bits and pieces from TSR (not much tho) and my game runs smooth and quick - only a couple minutes if that for loading. I think CC Magic really helps with loading times - I also run gamebooster too which may also help you. Smile (My laptop aint top spec either - its over a year old, and has onboard graphics.)

HTH Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:10

I have S2PE I'm not sure what that's called though, but that works like a charm too c: Providing the lagging is because of cc that is though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:03

Hello,

Or try GameBooster too, it might make a slight difference: www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top