Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 15:31

Hi all, I'm new here, I have a mac.  I was just wondering if ep's need to be installed in any certain order to work properly in the game. I purchased sims 3 first obviously in January then installed the ep's in this order - generations, ambitions, late  night and supernatural.  The only one I didn't purchase that I downloaded from pirate proxy was late night.  I had no problem at all with it, all I did was double click the .iso file and it worked.  No mounting, crack files or any of that, I didn't have to do anything complicated or confusing (bear with me, I am really new to this :)I really want to download pets and seasons from here.  Will I have to do anything with crack folders or mounting or unzipping, cause thats where i get confused and things get messed up in my game.  When I installed late night it was so simple lol, not sure why.  Is it because ep's have to be installed in a certain order?  I don't want to get error messages saying I need a disc.  I want to go through the launcher to play my game, I don't want to start clicking on the .exe file cause that doesn't seem to work on a mac.

Sorry for all the newbie questions, hope I was clear.  Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Wed 25 Sep 2013, 16:06

Hello, 

Welcome to the forum! I see that you have many questions regarding installation, and I would like to direct you to our Mac Installation Guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

There are instructions on how to convert our EPs to be installed in Macs. Please follow this guide carefully for your whole installation process and you should not get any errors. Smile

Do update us on your progress! Very Happy
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 03:36

Thank you so much for all your wonderful information.  I have read it very carefully and have printed it out.  I will report back when I am all done but I would just like to ask one thing please before I do  - I looked at the order of the expansion packs, I  want to get pets, seasons and then university life.  I see that pets is the 5th expansion pack, seasons is the 8th and university life is the 9th so should that be the order I should install them?  Somehow from comments I've read I think this might be important.  Please tell me installing in this order is the correct thing to do.  Thank you so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 27 Sep 2013, 03:44

Hello,

I would recommend installing in the right order. It is weird but the safest option Smile

Do let us know how it turns out! Very Happy
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 04:05

I will! Smile thank you for responding so quickly
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 27 Sep 2013, 04:05

You are always welcome Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 06:55

Hi, ok I got the ep's I wanted downloaded and installed.  I have the launcher up but am getting the message saying, "no game disc found, please insert the university life game disc before proceeding"  Everything was installed in the right order and university life is coming up as the last ep installed just like it was supposed to but what do I do now?  Daemon Tools isn't working for me.  My mac comes up with disk utility in applications.  Do I need to use that?  Not sure how to use it, I never did before till now.  Do I need to mount an image here?  If someone knows about disk utility and if I need to use it I'd appreciate the help so much.  If you need any other info from me, let me know, thanks so much again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 27 Sep 2013, 07:17

Hello,

Firstly, if you follow the Mac Guide, there is no need for Daemon Tools. You are installing on a Mac platform right? May I know if you are using the same base game as the Guide?

You need your disk utility to convert the expansion packs into Mac-friendly versions Smile
Please refer to the section in the Mac Installation Guide.

It would help me understand better if you explained your installation process to me in point form.

For example:
1)First I did blah blah...
2)Next, I did blah blah blah
3)and so on!
4)
5)

That would be a lot clearer since now I'm a bit confused.. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 21:02

//EDIT

Hi, I downloaded seasons from here but trying a different torrent now from kat.ph because I had trouble with the one from here because I think it was a .rar file.  This one is in .iso format.  Do I still need to convert it to .dmg with disk utility and then install? Do I still have to apply the crack afterwards as per your guide here? Just confirming if the crack files have to be applied each and every time an expansion pack is installed.Thanks so much!

Last edited by Darstan64 on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 04:13; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 28 Sep 2013, 04:50

Hello, 

I'm glad to hear that you have successfully installed Pets Smile
As for Seasons, where did you download it from? Smile

P.s. I have combined your previous posts. Please use the "edit" button when you have something to add Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty Crack files?

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 14:56

Hi,
I'm sorry to start a new thread on this, it might sound like a stupid question but do the crack files need to be applied after each and every expansion pack?  Yes, I have a mac and have posted before on this.  I just thought that since the 2 files from the ultimate fix that I downloaded here were already in the sims 3 game bin from when I had copied them from before when I installed pets that it wasn't necessary to apply them again.  Thanks for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 29 Sep 2013, 15:02

Hello, 

Apply the fix should always be the final step. If you have installed a new expansion then yes you need to apply the fix again.

If it is a new install, apply the fix after installing ALL the expansions that you want.

I hope that answers your question! Anything else I can help you with? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 15:07

Hi, in other words, I only have seasons and university life left that I want to install, so should I apply the fix after I install both expansions at the end as my final step?  Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 29 Sep 2013, 15:09

Yes, that's right!

Also, make sure you are updated to version 1.57 and that you are using the latest version of the Ultimate Fix. If you are unsure, redownloading the Fix would be the safest option Wink

Let us know how you are doing, or if your problem is solved. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 15:13

Yes, my game is updated to 1.57 and I just downloaded the ultimate fix yesterday, thank you again for your help and I will report back Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 29 Sep 2013, 15:17

That's great! Please do! Very Happy
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

question please re: expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty I did it!!

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 23:10

I can't thank you enough dieneryn for all your helpa through installing all my expansions!  It has worked and I now have every expansion I want which was late night seasons and university life.  Many thanks to this wonderful site and its wonderful and helpful people.  I could never ever have done it without you!  Thank you so much!  I went into my game and its great and working!  I'm still in shock that I did noob that I am lol but your instructions are perfect and very easy to understand!
Many thanks again and if there's anything I can do for you let me know.

SmileSmileVery Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 30 Sep 2013, 01:35

Hello!

You are always welcome!

I guess I confused you a little with the edit post button.. You only have to use the "edit" function if there are no new posts after yours. Razz Not to worry though, since it is your first time and all. Smile I have merged all your topics up for you.

Well, I'm glad your problem is solved! Happy Simming!!xD

Problem solved, topic closed Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top