Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 09:35

Hi,

I've been searching this thread but couldn't find the fix for my issue.  If this topic shouldn't be here, pls have it moved to the correct one.
I always check this site but this is my first time to register and post a topic.

So my problem is with Sims 3 supernatural pack.

I installed the base game then installed the pack and copy the crack to the base game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) when I launched it, it downloaded all the necessary updates via Origin. and all installed correctly.  Rebooted my PC just in case.

When I launched it to play the game, it wont launch.  The game launcher works fine but when you click the play button, it will disappear and will just say that the launcher is running in the systray then will disappear again.

My Sims3 version is 1.57.62.023002
When i mouse over to supernatural, the version says 15.0.135.018001

I did some search and check how i can update it to version 16 because of another thread and the instruction for that is to do a manual patch but the patch is for the base game. (file says To-9210-1.57.62.023002.tgz)

I also tried the ultimate fix where you need to copy the file to the base game and that didn't work either.  I can play the university pack but not the supernatural and I really wanna play this pack more than the others.

I dont know what to do.  Please give me some ideas.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:02

Hello,
What do you mean by "you can play University but not Supernatural"?
The loading screen is always the last expansion out, so it will stay University Life even if you install former expansion packs.
You should check inside the game for items from those packs and special abilities...

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 supernatural wont launch and update. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 12:09

lil_enjeen wrote:Hi,

I've been searching this thread but couldn't find the fix for my issue.  If this topic shouldn't be here, pls have it moved to the correct one.
I always check this site but this is my first time to register and post a topic.

So my problem is with Sims 3 supernatural pack.

I installed the base game then installed the pack and copy the crack to the base game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) when I launched it, it downloaded all the necessary updates via Origin. and all installed correctly.  Rebooted my PC just in case.

When I launched it to play the game, it wont launch.  The game launcher works fine but when you click the play button, it will disappear and will just say that the launcher is running in the systray then will disappear again.

My Sims3 version is 1.57.62.023002
When i mouse over to supernatural, the version says 15.0.135.018001

I did some search and check how i can update it to version 16 because of another thread and the instruction for that is to do a manual patch but the patch is for the base game. (file says To-9210-1.57.62.023002.tgz)

I also tried the ultimate fix where you need to copy the file to the base game and that didn't work either.  I can play the university pack but not the supernatural and I really wanna play this pack more than the others.

I dont know what to do.  Please give me some ideas.. Sad
Hello,

The inroduction screen is The Sims 3 University Life because the latest expansion pack you installed is The Sims 3 University Life. And all of the features of the expansion packs/stuff packs are integrated into the base game. If you don't believe me, make your sim explore every nook and cranny of the University Town and see if there are supernaturals. Also go to Create-A-Household and see if you can change your sims' occult to other supernatural forms. Go to Buy Mode also to see if there are any items that are labelled with Supernatural icon. If not, please let me know.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:09

so that's how it works? well..i originally have university life then installed the supernatural and the movie stuff.. when i clicked on the supernatural icon, it launched it but showed me the movie stuff screen.

So i wont really get the supernatural screen? i uninstalled all packs and reinstall just the supernatural and it wont open anymore. i guess ill try installing the other 2 and see if i can get the supernatural sims feature.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:13

Yes, that's how The Sims 3 works. The latest stuff pack/expansion pack you have is The Sims 3 Movie Stuff, so that's why you have The Sims 3 Movie Stuff as the intro screen. Have you repeated steps 2-4 of this guide after installing expansion packs?

//EDIT

Big EDIT: The introduction screen showing the latest stuff pack/expansion pack doesn't mean you cannot play with other features regarding other expansion packs/stuff packs.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:32

i just reinstalled all packs now..I think im getting all the features now just fine. it's not prompting for any updates now so I think it's fine.

Im playing the game now.   Hammertime 

stupid me! haha..im closing this thread! thanks alot for the help guys!

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:39

As you wish, topic closed. Wink
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top