Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't save. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't save. [SOLVED] Empty Can't save. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 19:25

Hi guys! Today I have a wee bit of a problem. Normally you see, I don't like saving and I just play quit start over the next day. Well now I'd like to save my game, but I can't. This problem started probably 2-3 days ago, not really sure. I could save, I had been playing the same game. Then I added some mods, and it was fine it saved.

Well, I decided to start a new game and delete that save, and well now I can't save any game. It doesn't matter whether I push save or save & quit. It starts to save and the little loading screen thing moves, then it just stops. It freezes and won't do anymore. I have to ctrl+alt+delete, start task manager, end task. No error comes up, either. This happens with any town, family, how long I play, etc. I have High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Late Night, & Seasons + patched to 1.57 running on Windows 7. 

*I've already tried removing my mods folder, no change. Thanks in advance to any help.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Can't save. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't save. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2013, 21:28

erela wrote:Hi guys! Today I have a wee bit of a problem. Normally you see, I don't like saving and I just play quit start over the next day. Well now I'd like to save my game, but I can't. This problem started probably 2-3 days ago, not really sure. I could save, I had been playing the same game. Then I added some mods, and it was fine it saved.

Well, I decided to start a new game and delete that save, and well now I can't save any game. It doesn't matter whether I push save or save & quit. It starts to save and the little loading screen thing moves, then it just stops. It freezes and won't do anymore. I have to ctrl+alt+delete, start task manager, end task. No error comes up, either. This happens with any town, family, how long I play, etc. I have High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Late Night, & Seasons + patched to 1.57 running on Windows 7. 

*I've already tried removing my mods folder, no change. Thanks in advance to any help.Very Happy

Hello,

I have seen some similar problems like that on here, and I'm still trying to "theorize" some possible explanations. For now, please rename the folder "The Sims 3" in My documents/Electronic Arts, into anything you like (example: "The Sims 3_backup"). Start the game, make a new savegame and try saving again.

And here are some other thoughts on this (I'm sorry I can't give more specific ideas on this, for now):

- does it make a difference in the game if you right-click on the TS3W.exe (in the base game location) and choose "run as Administrator" ?
- as stupid as it sounds, but do you have enough filespace on your hard-drive ?
- you could try to defragment the hard-drive, and even turn off your anti-virus program before playing
- do you experience similar problems with other software/games ?
- what about the option "Save as..." ? Does that make a difference ?

OK, that's it for now, I'm afraid Crying or Very sad  but good luck ! And keep us posted.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2013, 22:57

Carlos G. wrote:
erela wrote:Hi guys! Today I have a wee bit of a problem. Normally you see, I don't like saving and I just play quit start over the next day. Well now I'd like to save my game, but I can't. This problem started probably 2-3 days ago, not really sure. I could save, I had been playing the same game. Then I added some mods, and it was fine it saved.

Hello,

I have seen some similar problems like that on here, and I'm still trying to "theorize" some possible explanations. For now, please rename the folder "The Sims 3" in My documents/Electronic Arts, into anything you like (example: "The Sims 3_backup"). Start the game, make a new savegame and try saving again.

And here are some other thoughts on this (I'm sorry I can't give more specific ideas on this, for now):

- does it make a difference in the game if you right-click on the TS3W.exe (in the base game location) and choose "run as Administrator" ?
- as stupid as it sounds, but do you have enough filespace on your hard-drive ?
- you could try to defragment the hard-drive, and even turn off your anti-virus program before playing
- do you experience similar problems with other software/games ?
- what about the option "Save as..." ? Does that make a difference ?

OK, that's it for now, I'm afraid Crying or Very sad  but good luck ! And keep us posted.
I also searched the forum and noticed most of the people who posted that had the problem, never replied. Facepalm 
I don't have a "save as..." option, because I deleted my save game, then made a new one and tried to save but gave me this problem.
I did everything you said plus cleared my caches (yes at the same time, Laughing ), and now my game saves!! Yay! I'm so happy. It freezes/pauses for like 10-15 seconds, but then it returns to my game and it saves. Thank you so much Carlos! I'm off to force my female sim to have 100 babies. Also - stupid question, is there a way to reload a back-up save game?Mystery solved

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2013, 23:52

erela wrote:I also searched the forum and noticed most of the people who posted that had the problem, never replied. Facepalm 
I don't have a "save as..." option, because I deleted my save game, then made a new one and tried to save but gave me this problem.
I did everything you said plus cleared my caches (yes at the same time, Laughing ), and now my game saves!! Yay! I'm so happy. It freezes/pauses for like 10-15 seconds, but then it returns to my game and it saves. Thank you so much Carlos! I'm off to force my female sim to have 100 babies. Also - stupid question, is there a way to reload a back-up save game?Mystery solved

I'm happy to hear that. Very Happy

If you actually use the option "Save" (so not "Save & quit" or "Save as"), the game should normally create TWO savefolders: one is called (Name of your savefile).sims3. The other one (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup.

Now, if you just remove the ".backup" ending of that extra folder, you should have "restored" your savegame, to the last time when it properly worked; note that before removing the ".backup" ending, you might have to remove the other existing savefolder, the
(Name of your savefile).sims3.

In general, you should regularly backup the whole "Saves" folder (in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) to a safe place, like an external hard-drive.

Because you renamed the Sims 3 folder, you have (temporarily) lost your CC and mods too; but then, one of them could have caused this problem too. If you wish to restore them, let me know; and we'll see what we can do.

And the thing with the 100 babies: are you serious ? Laughing

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 00:03

Carlos G. wrote:
erela wrote:I also searched the forum and noticed most of the people who posted that had the problem, never replied. Facepalm 

I'm happy to hear that. Very Happy

If you actually use the option "Save" (so not "Save & quit" or "Save as"), the game should normally create TWO savefolders: one is called (Name of your savefile).sims3. The other one (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup.

Now, if you just remove the ".backup" ending of that extra folder, you should have "restored" your savegame, to the last time when it properly worked; note that before removing the ".backup" ending, you might have to remove the other existing savefolder, the
(Name of your savefile).sims3.

In general, you should regularly backup the whole "Saves" folder (in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) to a safe place, like an external hard-drive.

Because you renamed the Sims 3 folder, you have (temporarily) lost your CC and mods too; but then, one of them could have caused this problem too. If you wish to restore them, let me know; and we'll see what we can do.

And the thing with the 100 babies: are you serious ? Laughing

Oh okay. I have an odd question to that as well - the family I want to, it has bad at the end of the save name. Does that mean it's corrupted? Here's a screenshot if I didn't explain correctly: 
Can't save. [SOLVED] Backup10
 I never really ever committed to a family or game, but now I'd like to haha. Yes, I already restored my mods/cc still saves & works! And yes, 100 baby challenge. 100 different babies - all different fathers. It will be interesting. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Sep 2013, 00:08

erela wrote:Oh okay. I have an odd question to that as well - the family I want to, it has bad at the end of the save name. Does that mean it's corrupted? Here's a screenshot if I didn't explain correctly: 
Can't save. [SOLVED] Backup10
 I never really ever committed to a family or game, but now I'd like to haha. Yes, I already restored my mods/cc still saves & works! And yes, 100 baby challenge. 100 different babies - all different fathers. It will be interesting. Laughing

You can safely delete the folder with the ".bad"-ending. What matters is that you have the other two folders from Sunset Valley. And if you rename the "Hidden Springs.sims3.backup" into Hidden Springs.sims3, you should have restored that savegame (in the Hidden Springs world). Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 00:31

Carlos G. wrote:You can safely delete the folder with the ".bad"-ending. What matters is that you have the other two folders from Sunset Valley. And if you rename the "Hidden Springs.sims3.backup" into Hidden Springs.sims3, you should have restored that savegame (in the Hidden Springs world). Wink
Alright thanks! I got my family, haha. This is a really weird error - it doesn't save, when I hit the save or save & quit button. I have to exit to menu, save, then my family is there. That's really odd, haha. Oh well, it saves! Thanks once again and I believe all my problems are solved. Thank goodness for G4TW! Very Happy

Moderator edit: This is indeed weird, but I'm glad you managed to get it running again. I will close the topic, but if you want to add anything to this here, write me a PM, and I will re-open it. Have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top