Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED] Empty help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 09:30

hullo folks!

okay, issue: installed all of expansions up to town life yesterday, as i didn't have pets yet. cracks and all worked fine, played my little simmy up the gardening/celeb ladders for several hours with no issues.

today, my DL of pets finished and i install it, it asks to update and automatically goes to 1.31. not only was i unaware of the ultimate fix until today, it wouldn't have let me update to before 1.31 anyway, as i'm pretty sure the installer automatically goes to the latest update. so the ultimate fix isn't going to help me at this juncture.

as i see it, i have two options:

1. wait until the ultimate fix is updated for base game version 1.31. dunno if anyone could give me a time frame or whatever on that one, but i'm pretty impatient so i'll likely try option 2...

2. do the dance of uninstalling/reinstalling everything, and leave out pets so that i don't have to update to 1.31 and have it all **** up again. i'll go up to town life and play it safe (this happened to me just the other day as well, when i'd installed pets through a non-.iso, and it happened again tonight with a totally different DL of the game) and install the ultimate fix.

so, i guess my real question IS...

is there a way to root through my files and save the one sim i actually made and played? i've been cracking the damn sims for years, but never have i actually attempted to save a sim when things went awry. i've got no clue how to do it, if there is a way. knowing the sims, though, i'm fully aware that the complexity could be such that there's no one file i can take out and put into the game again once i reinstall everything.

so, yes, i guess there's a couple of questions in there; let's see if anyone can trump my very puny knowledge and astound me.

thanks folks. i'm so tired and frustrated and i just want to play a vampire gardener sim with a cat.

Back to top Go down

help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED] Empty Re: help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 09:41

Out of curiousidy, What do you use the Ultimate Fix for - Do you download one of the games or do you use it just for the game itself?

Back to top Go down

help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED] Empty Re: help me save my poor little sim![SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Mar 2012, 09:55

Hello,
1. A new fix is expected after the release of the new expansionpack. The official release of Showtime is tomorrow, so a G4TW release can be expected within a few days, maybe even tomorrow or the day after depending on how much time Admin has, and the new fix will be released pretty soon after that. So I think you're looking at a couple of days at most.

2. You can install Pets, since that expansionpack doesn't take your game to 1.31, but to 1.26. The trick is to prevent the launcher from automatically updating to which end you can apply the manual patch right after installation of the base game before installing your expansions. Not installing EADM/Origin will also effectively prevent your game from being patched automatically. All you'd have to do after you've installed everything, is take the latest fix and apply step 13 only and your game should work like a charm.

Now to answer your real question Wink
Of course you can! You can easily back up your save games when uninstalling/reinstalling for any reason. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and find the folder called saves, copy the entire folder to another location on your pc. After reinstalling, the folder you took the save games from will be recreated by the game when you first start the game, after which you can put the saves folder back where it came from and you can go back to your sim.

Now if you decide to reinstall, don't forget to restart your pc after you've uninstalled the game!
And let us know if you need more help.

@YunaAngels: The Ultimate fix is the easiest way to patch and crack your game. If you have a pirated game, you need to crack it and most uploaders will tell you to save the original exe and dll before overwriting it with the crack, to make it possible to use a patch. Admin has taken all the original files needed and compiled these into the Ultimate fix for our convenience. And he adds a very complete #Installation Guide. Which has you start by overwriting any cracks you may have with original files so the update will work, and after updating has you overwrite the original file with the crack.
The best part of course is that G4TW provides support and thus taking responsibility for the files offered.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 09:58

The first responce is I wanted to know as well so will definally wait the few days for the Ultiame Fix to be working for 1.31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 19:08

Lady ElDi, thank you so much! this helps immensely. i'll just wait a couple of days and try the updated fix then. Smile what a great forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:54

Hello,
Glad you like our work Very Happy
If you want to stay up to date about all new G4TW releases, join the fangroup, you'll receive a newsletter when a new release is out, so you'll know as soon as the new fix is available.
This problem is now solved, so I'll close the topic, but don't hesitate to open a new one if you have problems or questions again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top