Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED] Empty using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:06

hey guys,

Ive been reading through posts etc and other sites, but not the information i need. So here i am hoping to get the answers i need.

I have retail bought games from the base game right through to Island Paradise. I don't own any stuff packs (tempted to buy Movie pack, unless this works okay).

I am so tempted to install you midnight hollow (downloaded it earlier) but not sure if it's safe to use with retail games.
I'm still buying In To The Future on disk as well.. 

I just want to know can EA find out if i'm using a pirated copy of Midnight Hollow?
Will i still be able to log in game with my account? I don't want to get banned.
I would only be downloading midnight hollow, maybe the movie pack if this works, just don't want backlash.

How would i patch my games?

Thank you for any help in advance..

Back to top Go down

using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:15

Hello,

No, there aren't any problems when you install G4TW store content, you can still log into your account. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: using the store content with full retail game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:24

ooo yey! so they won't even know i have it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:40

pixzi wrote:ooo yey! so they won't even know i have it?

They won't. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:49

oo That's great. 

I've not pirated stuff like this before just silly games like theme hospital and old games that i can hardly find anymore. So i was really nervous with it being logged into my account Thank you for the help. x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:57

pixzi wrote:oo That's great. 

I've not pirated stuff like this before just silly games like theme hospital and old games that i can hardly find anymore. So i was really nervous with it being logged into my account Thank you for the help. x

Actually, you can even have pirated expansions/stuff packs from G4TW installed. And you could still log into your account. In order to have an account, you need to have a valid serial number (from a bought game). EA has no way of knowing what other games you have installed; your account is connected to your purchased game(s) - and that's it.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 13:24

Oh okay, thanks might look at some other stuff packs then Smile
No i think everything i wanted to know was covered. 
A much relief to know my account won't be banned. I'm very grateful for your help. 

Thank you so kindly for your help.

Moderator edit: I'm glad I could help Very Happy  Let us know if you have other questions. Happy simming ! This topic is closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top