Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED] Empty Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 23:06

Hello, my game is saved after my sims have graduated and are about to automatically return home.  Every time they return home, there is a glitch: their pictures do not show up in the green boxes to click on, they are standing on the exact same spot (parts of one body covering parts of the other body), their busts do not appear where they normally do, between their wants and their moodlets, and while I can give them commands, they cannot move and I am unable to "follow" them by right-clicking on their picture, BUT I can locate them by clicking the "View My Sim" button. One of them is already selected and I am unable to switch selection to the other.  This is the glitch.  I have not re-saved after returning home, where the sims are glitched, but left it where they are not glitching back at the university.  Every time I try a new fix, I wait for them to return home and the same thing happens.  Here's what I've attempted to fix it:
1) resetsim [firstname] [lastname] - I have successfully used this command before, but it is not working in this case.
2) I went to the Guide: University life page and first reapplied the ultimate fix, and reinstalled the crack.  I did not download it over again, but used the Sims_3_fix that I downloaded when I first got all the games (I have all EPs and SPs, downloaded from games4theworld).
3) I followed the guide further and emptied the cache to the recycle bin, which I did not then empty but assumed that the game could not access the cache if it were in the trash.  Is this where I went wrong?
4) I do not have any mods.  I never download anything from the store, so I had no store update to uninstall.  The guide couldn't help me any further.
I looked through several University Life threads, and have not found one that had the same issues.

//EDIT

Update: I have now tried deleting the items in the trash, that apparently was not the issue.  I have also tried going to town edit back in their world (not at university) and making the area where they appear a lot, then editing that lot, turning on moveobjects, separating the two sims.  When I had each sim selected, rather than appearing as they normally do, with their name and asking if I want to sell them for zero simoles, they appeared as black bowling-ball type things, and were just called "Sim".  Needless to say, when I left edit town and went back to live mode, this did not help anything either.

Back to top Go down

Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Thu 03 Oct 2013, 18:48

Hello,

There are lots of problems about University, especially they occur when returning home town. And sometimes it is impossible to recover the save file because possibly a serious problem occur in the process. I don't know the reason as I am not a mechanic, but I know few suggestions thatm ight help you.

You can see Crinrict's blog from here.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Returning Home from University. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 20:08

So I again waited for the sims to return home from university, then went into edit town and put their household (including the house I built) into the bin. I made a new game, placed their household in exactly the same location. I now have my sims, they've retained all of their skills, degrees, and the items in their household inventory. They lost all relationships and a few simoles, which doesn't matter to me in the least. I have my game back, thank you so much!!

Moderator edit: OK, I think I can close the topic now. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top