Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims don't come home from university

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims don't come home from university Empty My sims don't come home from university

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 20:21

So i was playing with my family and I moved two other sims into the house. Then I took those two sims and another sim from that family and went to university. I played for like two days and then saved and quit the game. Today when I was playing and tried to get my sims back home they just stayed at the university and I couldn't do anything with them.
I figured I'm probably totally ****. Very Happy I should have saved the game when I moved those two sims to my house. But I saved it while already being at university so now the city where they've been living doesn't exist. It's like my fifth generation of sims and I really loved the family so I'm probably gonna cry my eyes out and never play the game again. Stupid me for not using the "save as..." option. Facepalm
If someone has any idea what I could try to do I would be most grateful.

Back to top Go down

My sims don't come home from university Empty Re: My sims don't come home from university

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 07:07

I think you can only go home once you finish the Semester. Not sure about that tho.

Back to top Go down

My sims don't come home from university Empty Re: My sims don't come home from university

Post by invalidusername Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:01

Check in your saves folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Saves) and see if there's a file titled "savegamename.sims3.backup" (with the savegamename being your saved game's title). If there is, you can try renaming that file to "savegamename.sims3" and moving the other file out of the folder. This may back the game up enough to where you can get your family back. Smile If not, let us know, there may be some other suggestions.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top