Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED] Empty Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 17:25

Okay, I just typed out a whole thread and it told me it was too long, deleting everything I wrote Sad  I have looked through the site, and none of the threads on midnight hollow actually show a solution to my problem that I haven't already tried.
So in short, I tried to install midnight hollow and dragon valley last night, dragon valley worked, midnight hollow didn't. The installer said it installed but it is not showing up in the world drop down menu.
I thought it could be the update, I manually patched, and ran the ultimate fix (redownloaded it) and the store fix, and it still didn't work. Midnight hollow is showing up in the launcher as installed but not showing up in the drop down menu.

Please any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Oct 2013, 21:56

baby_girl_fi wrote:Okay, I just typed out a whole thread and it told me it was too long, deleting everything I wrote Sad  I have looked through the site, and none of the threads on midnight hollow actually show a solution to my problem that I haven't already tried.
So in short, I tried to install midnight hollow and dragon valley last night, dragon valley worked, midnight hollow didn't. The installer said it installed but it is not showing up in the world drop down menu.
I thought it could be the update, I manually patched, and ran the ultimate fix (redownloaded it) and the store fix, and it still didn't work. Midnight hollow is showing up in the launcher as installed but not showing up in the drop down menu.

Please any ideas?

Hello,

Did you get "Midnight Hollow" from Games4TheWorld ?

If yes, try clearing the cache, for a start: (you can find that in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Then try re-installing the world with the launcher, that is, put the ".sims3pack" again into the "Downloads" folder, open the launcher, select it and re-install (or see if it let's you re-install it at all).

If nothing else helps, you might want to consider this solution, described here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Midnight Hollow install problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 23:10

Thank you SO much, I'd spent hours trying to sort this out, I did everything again plus the new bits in the link to Lady's post.

And it's WORKED! Very Happy Very Happy

Helper edit: That's great to know! Enjoy your game! Smile

- Dieneryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top