Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED] Empty Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 15:01

I tried to throw a gift giving party and made plenty of space in several rooms (removed even the lamps), but I still get the message that I didn't make enough space for the gift pile... What's the problem? I can't figure it out... How much space do I need? Is there a certain spot at my home I should clear?
It would be so much easier if they'd  just place it in my family inventory...

Back to top Go down

Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 15:05

You need a 4x4 space, without lamps or furniture blocking the way. Remove ceiling lamps, windows, furniture, carpets, ...

Back to top Go down

Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 15:41

Shamrock wrote:You need a 4x4 space, without lamps or furniture blocking the way. Remove ceiling lamps, windows, furniture, carpets, ...
I tried again, removed even the windows and it didn't work... :/
I'm gonna remove the roof and make it a completely empty new room. I'll let you know after I try it.

PS: Maybe it has something to do with the number of guests? The percentage of used space in the house? Or maybe the basement causes the problem? (I noticed that when my sims leave the house, they disappear for a moment and then jump out on the street like they came form a rabbit-hole).

edit:
I invited 4 guests - that can't be the problem...

Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED] Untitled

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 15 Oct 2013, 16:40

The gift pile will be spawned near the front door (the application tries to look for a location near the front door so that a gift pile can be spawned there) once the party has started - not that you can choose the location for. If you have removed the ceiling lights (which occupied space in EA standard) and the furnitures (especially those near the front door) but you still can't hold a party, most likely your house is glitched.

Bear in mind large space must be generated near the front door so that gift giving party can be hosted.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 01:58

You might want to try adding Nona's Sims Gift Pile to your game if you are having problems.  I've used it and it worked perfectly in my game (until one of the guests died from old age).  I placed it in the middle of 3 loveseats with the minimum space around the pile. 

With Nona's mod, you can also buy the gift pile from the catalog and hold a family gift giving 'party.'

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php/topic,1560.0.html

Edit to add that all of Nona's mods that needed to be updated to the latest patch have been updated.  If you see an earlier patch version, it's okay to use as it didn't need to be updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 02:11

Nanouk wrote:You might want to try adding Nona's Sims Gift Pile to your game if you are having problems.  I've used it and it worked perfectly in my game (until one of the guests died from old age).  I placed it in the middle of 3 loveseats with the minimum space around the pile. 

With Nona's mod, you can also buy the gift pile from the catalog and hold a family gift giving 'party.'

Edit to add that all of Nona's mods that needed to be updated to the latest patch have been updated.  If you see an earlier patch version, it's okay to use as it didn't need to be updated.
I have to agree with you on this one. The only disadvantage of this mod is that it's tedious and time consuming to invite the guests one by one if the number of guests is large. Other than that, this mod does bring lots of benefits.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:38

cat2006house wrote:The gift pile will be spawned near the front door (the application tries to look for a location near the front door so that a gift pile can be spawned there) once the party has started - not that you can choose the location for. If you have removed the ceiling lights (which occupied space in EA standard) and the furnitures (especially those near the front door) but you still can't hold a party, most likely your house is glitched.

Bear in mind large space must be generated near the front door so that gift giving party can be hosted.
So, I went to edit town mode, selected my house and placed it again (this usually resets glitches like horses being stuck in between floors).
Then I cleared space near the front door (it is selected as the front door - I checked it) and again - allegedly not enough... But it must be enough, in a tiny house I just removed the sofa and it worked -.-

Not enough space for the gift pile. [SOLVED] 2vxf629

Nanouk wrote:You might want to try adding Nona's Sims Gift Pile to your game if you are having problems.  I've used it and it worked perfectly in my game (until one of the guests died from old age).  I placed it in the middle of 3 loveseats with the minimum space around the pile. 

Thanks for the advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:47

Glad to hear you managed to solve the problem. I think everything has been discussed here. Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top