Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 09:19

I'm unable to replace the TS3.exe after mounting the image onto a
drive....as you know, when mounting an image you'll see "0 bytes free of
XXX" so you're not able to actually add space (or delete any of the files). I checked the Daemon
Tools forums and support, even searched this forum for just "daemon" and no luck, but maybe I'm missing something. Is there a
way to get around this, any assistance would be much appreciated. Yes I'm a noob, at some point you were too.

Thanks.

--- Josh

Back to top Go down

Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:47

Hello,
Don't worry about being new to this. G4TW doesn't make a point of pointing out your flaws, yes, we were all new to this and we're happy to help you out Smile.
I think I can tell where you're going wrong though. You have to replace the TS3.exe file in your install folder which, if you installed to the default location, this should be C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Base Game\Game\Bin.
But if you're going to add expansions to your game, I wouldn't crack it just yet. It'll be easier to install them one after the other following the "how to install The Sims 3 correctly" guide, (the link is in my signature) and then applying the fix for an up to date game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Adding Space to Daemon Tools Drive in Order to Replace TS3.exe File for Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:08

Awesome! Lady ElDi you rock!! Such a small oversight that I would've never caught; thanks for the prompt response and answer I truly appreciate it!

Thanks!

-- Josh

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:31

Hello,
You're welcome.
Is your game running?

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top