Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED] Empty Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 16:56

It says its not installed in the launcher and it asks me for the island paradise disk when playing. How can i fix this, i installed it correctly.

Back to top Go down

Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:01

ajshn wrote:It says its not installed in the launcher and it asks me for the island paradise disk when playing. How can i fix this, i installed it correctly.
Hello,

Look at this here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And then do the steps 2, 3 and 4. This basically means: apply the "manual patch" first, and then apply the "Ultimate fix" (it's enough to use the files in the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Movie stuff won't stay installed? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:04

I did already manually patch it and i was waiting for the ultimate fix to download. Hopefully that works, although i have to wait a along time for it to finish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 18:44

Please tell us how it went...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 20:06

The fix won't completely download. I keep getting errors saying the file is broken when i go to extract it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 14 Oct 2013, 20:11

ajshn wrote:The fix won't completely download. I keep getting errors saying the file is broken when i go to extract it.
Can you try another browser, like Google Chrome ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 20:17

I'm using chrome. I'm trying the mirror link right now, hopefully mega works.

//EDIT: 
Well it downloaded and i put everything in but movie stuff still isn't showing up as installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 22:53

You need to apply the Ultimate Fix again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:01

But i just did?

Last edited by ajshn on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:12; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:10

Did the install go ok?
What other expansions do you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:12

I downloaded the manual tool and when i clicked play though that it worked and now the launcher recognizes the game as installed. Thanks for your help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:15

Ok. I made this tool to make sure the Ultimate Fix was applied correctly.
Gladit could help you!
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:40

Nope everything works currently. Although since its the  sims that's probably not going to last.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:44

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top