Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff)  [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 10:33

I bought the base game and used Origin to download and install it. I used the Movie Stuff torrent and followed all the instructions in the zip file. The game starts up into the main selection screen and works fine up until I choose to go into Sunset Valley, then it just crashes in the loading screen.

Also, immediately after I start Movie Stuff up, I get a "The Sims 3" message that says: It looks like you have installed an unofficial modification that does not match y oru current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Funny cause that's what I'm experiencing.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff)  [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff) [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 13:04

Do not follow any instructions in the installation guides of any torrents regarding The Sims 3 expansions. They are mostly outdated.

The only guide you need to take note of and follow accurately is this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Act according to the guide:
(1) After installing any expansions, download and run the manual patch as per instructions.
(2) Download the Ultimate Fix.
(3) Open the Ultimate Fix and drag and drop the content of the folder # Crack from the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Remember always to do steps 2-4 of the thread after installing any expansions.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff)  [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working (Movie Stuff) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 19:25

It worked out perfectly! Thanks a bunch. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 10 Dec 2013, 19:33

Hello,

Do you need anymore assistance or have any more questions?  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 20:23

My last question would only be this. If I download each and every expansion pack, all I basically have to do is re-download and apply the manual patch and then copy the 2 files in the #Crack file from the Ultimate Fix every time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 10 Dec 2013, 21:06

Hello,

Yes, precisely.  You don't necessarily need to RE-download the Manual Patch or Fix, you'd only need to do that if you've deleted both from your system.  We always advise people to reapply both things after any expansion is installed.

As a side note, the manual patch isn't always necessary to use after you install a brand new expansion.  Mainly because, well, your game is already up to date.  The only "alert/error" your game will give you before installing an expansion is it will warn you that your game is up to date but the expansion is not.  This won't prevent installation from happening, it's just EA's way of alerting you that there is a difference.  The most vital thing to use every time you install anything new to your game (excluding mods and custom content) is the Ultimate Fix - ALWAYS reapply it. Smile

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Dec 2013, 21:36

Alrighty then! Glad I finally understand everything. On my way to getting all the pricey expansions and having some fun. Thanks so much guys.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 10 Dec 2013, 21:58

Not a problem, enjoy your game!

The Sims Plumbob 1

Topic closed.

-  Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top