Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a quick question. Empty Just a quick question.

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 21 Oct 2013, 19:45

I recently had to erase my hard drive and because of this, I was forced to redownload all of my Sims 3 games.  I literally have every single one now on my system, however this isn't my problem.  I'm attempting to install all of my games in order of which they were released (courtesy of this site), however, World Adventures is being obstinate.  I don't remember it doing this before, but it's now asking me to "update my Sims 3" and when I click 'ok', it says there is an "error" and closes itself.  

The reason I'm posting here is because I realize that in the crack folder there is a list of "update .exes" titled, "sims3_1.3.24.00002_from_1.2.7.00002" && "Sims3_1.8.25.003002_from_1.7.9.002002", etc.  There is a total of six.  I've never had to use these before and I wary of doing so considering I'm really familiar with the Ultimate Fix and the manual patches.  I always disregard the installation help (that notepad file) in all of the game .iso.  Because these patches are not the patches I'm familiar with, I just don't know if I should use them at all?  And if so - which one? Facepalm 

Either way, this little error is preventing me from moving forward and it's really annoying.  Before this problem arose some months ago, I'd be able to clean install every expansion and THEN I'd do the manual patch and the ultimate fix.  This is messing up my zen, man! 

Any ideas anyone?  Advice?  Tofu?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question. Empty Re: Just a quick question.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 21:07

Some people (including me) use the Manual Patch after installing the base game. This way every Expansion and Stuff Pack setup skips the update part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 21 Oct 2013, 21:44

Oh, sweet!  I already have that downloaded, I suppose I just thought to use it at the "end of things".  I will definitely try this and see if it fixes the problem.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top