Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing CC Empty Installing CC

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 01:25

Hello,

I have a question, is it a problem when I install CC during the game is on? because i can open the launcher only via the sims 3 game menu. The launcher doesnt appear before the game anymore, so i can only open it in game. And is there a way to get the launcher open before the game starts?

Back to top Go down

Installing CC Empty Re: Installing CC

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 02:42

Well the best way to install CC (from what I think) is to extract the .package of the .sims3pack and then merge that .package with other .package and put them in the Sims 3 mods file, it will make your game lag less.

I'm pretty sure there's tutorial on how to extract .package of .sims3pack on the forum, I think it was Lady Eldi (correct if I'm wrong) that posted it

P.S Installing CC via the launcher is weird, I had to try 5~10 times before I could install 1 CC ~.~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 02:55

Well that doesn't answer my question though. I want to know if the game could crash if you install cc when the game is on. And is there a way to open the launcher before turning on the game?

Thanks a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 04:26

I don't know about installing cc when the game is on but have you tried navigating to your launcher.exe? Go to program files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and click on the application that says Sims3Launcher. You should be able to run it without the game running. Hopefully this helps you. If it works just create a shortcut to your desktop.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 04:52

Kai-ShockWave wrote:Hello,

I have a question, is it a problem when I install CC during the game is on? because i can open the launcher only via the sims 3 game menu. The launcher doesnt appear before the game anymore, so i can only open it in game. And is there a way to get the launcher open before the game starts?
The launcher actually *does* open, but since patch 1.57 it takes quite some time.

Alternatively, you can try installing CC with "CC Magic" (while not running the game), look at this here for instructions on how to use it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

I'm not sure if it's a problem to install CC during the game; but even if it's no problem the CC just won't show up if you succeed.

I wouldn't install CC "while the game is running", though. Because there is no need for it, and because of possible risks...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:11

Well you can actually install CC while your game is running (I tried it when I had to do a project), but there's no point in "installing" CC with the launcher when all it does is make your game lag. As gatecrazy said, you can probably open the launcher using launcher.exe (Sims3Launcher or Sims3launcherw or TS3 <--- not sure about TS3 as I have an authentic base game). Apart from making your game lag and possible risks, there is no point to install CC with the sims 3 launcher, as I would say it is poorly designed for CC.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:54

xJ3rian wrote:Well you can actually install CC while your game is running (I tried it when I had to do a project), but there's no point in "installing" CC with the launcher when all it does is make your game lag. As gatecrazy said, you can probably open the launcher using launcher.exe (Sims3Launcher or Sims3launcherw or TS3 <--- not sure about TS3 as I have an authentic base game). Apart from making your game lag and possible risks, there is no point to install CC with the sims 3 launcher, as I would say it is poorly designed for CC.
I object to that. From my viewpoint, it doesn't make a difference on lagging whether you use the launcher or any other tool like CC Magic. But of course, in terms of user-friendliness, I would rather go with CC Magic (and forget the launcher).

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:03

Ok, what are the possible risks because i had the game running and i installed some sims3pack files and it installed some houses bur i ended it with task manager and i installed some houses again when the i close the game. Does your game stop working? Or is it safe, what is the most bad thing that can happen to the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:07

Kai-ShockWave wrote:Ok, what are the possible risks because i had the game running and i installed some sims3pack files and it installed some houses bur i ended it with task manager and i installed some houses again when the i close the game. Does your game stop working? Or is it safe, what is the most bad thing that can happen to the game?
If that is the case, CC Magic mentioned by Carlos will be a better way for you to install sims3packs.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down