Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now Empty Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 20:26

I downloaded the Full Get To Work for Sims 4 and it saved as a RAR file and when clicked on, its asking what do I want to open it with.... I have no idea what to use or do at this point.. Please Help.....!!!!!!

My base Sims 4 deluxe version was purchased and downloaded from Origin. Also, I'm running Windows 8 and using AVG Free version Anti Virus

Also Installed:
Life of the Party
Holiday Pack
Up All Night
Awesome Animals

//EDIT

Figured it out.. I had a Duhhhh moment.. I used WinZip

Last edited by Admin on Wed 27 May 2015, 20:22; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adding information)

Back to top Go down

Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now Empty I need help with installing GTW

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015, 20:06

Can you please tell me how you installed the GTW rar file? I already have it opened in winzip, but I don't know what to do next. Is it the same installation process as the base game that's given in the installation guide?

Back to top Go down

Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now Empty Re: Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now

Post by D' Eradicated Wed 27 May 2015, 20:17

Don_Yae wrote:Can you please tell me how you installed the GTW rar file? I already have it opened in winzip, but I don't know what to do next. Is it the same installation process as the base game that's given in the installation guide?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Make sure you extract the RAR file using WinRAR to avoid any issues. Extract all of the contents of the GTW RAR file to the installation folder. Copy and replace if prompted. Also, it's best to update TS4 using the Ultimate Fix located here.

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now Empty Re: Download of Get To Work saved as a RAR file. What to do now

Post by Admin Wed 27 May 2015, 20:23

Don_Yae wrote:Can you please tell me how you installed the GTW rar file? I already have it opened in winzip, but I don't know what to do next. Is it the same installation process as the base game that's given in the installation guide?

D' Eradicated wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Make sure you extract the RAR file using WinRAR to avoid any issues. Extract all of the contents of the GTW RAR file to the installation folder. Copy and replace if prompted. Also, it's best to update TS4 using the Ultimate Fix located here.
Hi there,

If you open the .RAR file using WinRAR, you'll see a file called "# Installation Guide.txt". That one contains all the instructions.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male