Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!) Empty Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!)

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2011, 16:24

hey there!
I followed the steps in the fix guide, I have The Sims 3 Base Game, Ambitions & Generations. (all downloaded from your site)
it works perfectly for like 15 minutes and then it crashes which leads to my Laptop shutting down right after a blue screen, I don't really get it, the cracks are copied in the right place, tried to reinstall it and I even tried this fix:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011

nothing worked, it's really frustrating cause I never get the chance to save the game.
thanks in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!) Empty Re: Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 15 Jul 2011, 17:34

Hi,

Have you tried playing the game on the lowest quality settings and in windowed mode?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!) Empty Re: Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!)

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2011, 18:07

Lady ElDi wrote:Hi,

Have you tried playing the game on the lowest quality settings and in windowed mode?

not really, my Laptop totally supports the game, plus I like to play with good graphics.
but I can try that, see how it goes.
should I turn the advanced rendering off though? cause that would make the grass looks uniform/flat.
thanks.
btw, they are set to medium at the moment.

\\EDIT

so now, it got worse, even before I lowered the settings, the game now freezes after a few seconds, and it just shuts down (not the Laptop, only the game), lowered the settings, and nothing changed! :/

I wanna try to reinstall it one more time, *crossing fingers*

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 15 Jul 2011, 20:58

Did you restart the game after lowering the settings?
But if your laptop supports the game just great, lowering the settings shouldn't make much of a difference. Playing in windowed mode instead of fullscreen still might.
When Admin gets here, he's going to ask you for a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to, so if you could post that screenshot, he's going to be able to help you out that much faster. He's also going to want to know if you're using any mods/custom content.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jul 2011, 00:12

Hi there,

Ah, I hate these freezing problems. (Nothing personal)
This has nothing to do with the crack though. Did you try all options written on this page: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011 ? (Adding ALL the .exe's to the DEP!)
Also, yes, do you have any Mods / CC added to the game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 03:23

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Ah, I hate these freezing problems. (Nothing personal)
This has nothing to do with the crack though. Did you try all options written on this page: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011 ? (Adding ALL the .exe's to the DEP!)
Also, yes, do you have any Mods / CC added to the game?

hey thanks for replying,

no I don't have any CC, actually I tried to reinstall it again (for the third time), played it for like 4 hours, and it worked perfectly (for some awkward reason) without the fix you just mentioned, however I played it with all the setting set to low, but I honestly don't think it has anything to do with it, I'll try to set everything to Medium and see how it goes.
what do you think the problem was!? and is there a possibility that the game might start crashing again ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 16 Jul 2011, 09:04

There's always a possibility yes, The Sims 3 is known for its bugs. I think its a good idea to try the settings on medium, see how that goes, if you start experiencing crashes again, that might have been the problem after all, but you never know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 11:48

Lady ElDi wrote:There's always a possibility yes, The Sims 3 is known for its bugs. I think its a good idea to try the settings on medium, see how that goes, if you start experiencing crashes again, that might have been the problem after all, but you never know.

damn that's really weird, you're never sure with the Sims 3 I guess, but I'm pretty sure my Laptop is able to run the game with the settings high, or at least medium, I have double the hardware requirements, I'll just try that now.
much appreciated! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:25

And on my pc I should really go for low settings, and I'm pushing it with medium settings and I'm not experiencing many problems at all. I guess it depends on much more than just your pc.
Maybe it'll just be temporary, EA is bound to come up with a patch.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:06

actually I just set them all on Medium, and the problem started to happen again, crashing and shutting down after 15 minutes, so I tried to set some of them low while the ones I care about Medium, such as reflections, Sim Details, shadows and tree details etc, and it didn't crash (yet).
yes EA is bound to come up with a new patch, the bugs are getting serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jul 2011, 19:04

OsoJoRo wrote:actually I just set them all on Medium, and the problem started to happen again, crashing and shutting down after 15 minutes, so I tried to set some of them low while the ones I care about Medium, such as reflections, Sim Details, shadows and tree details etc, and it didn't crash (yet).
Hello,

Though "Reflections" is the one causing the most problems in general. Keep that in mind.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 00:03

Admin wrote:
OsoJoRo wrote:actually I just set them all on Medium, and the problem started to happen again, crashing and shutting down after 15 minutes, so I tried to set some of them low while the ones I care about Medium, such as reflections, Sim Details, shadows and tree details etc, and it didn't crash (yet).
Hello,

Though "Reflections" is the one causing the most problems in general. Keep that in mind.

yes it's crashing again! lol
you know what, I think Reflections might be the problem after all, even though the game worked perfectly with zero problems whatsoever (with everything turned on and set to high) before I installed the ambitions EP.
I'll try that, and let you know.

thanks Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:17

OsoJoRo wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hello,

yes it's crashing again! lol
you know what, I think Reflections might be the problem after all, even though the game worked perfectly with zero problems whatsoever (with everything turned on and set to high) before I installed the ambitions EP.
I'll try that, and let you know.

thanks Admin.
Hello,

So, any (good) results so far?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 00:02

sorry for my late response, but I honestly stopped trying....
I came to the conclusion that no matter what options I change or turn off, it still keeps freezing sooner or later, so I didn't know what to do.

do you think installing another EP may fix my problem ?

thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Aug 2011, 00:09

OsoJoRo wrote:sorry for my late response, but I honestly stopped trying....
I came to the conclusion that no matter what options I change or turn off, it still keeps freezing sooner or later, so I didn't know what to do.

do you think installing another EP may fix my problem ?

thanks in advance.
Hello,

Try installing both Generations and Town Life Stuff, if you didn't have one of them yet.
After that re-apply the Ultimate Fix and see the result when playing on lowest settings in windowed mode.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 14:27

this is annoying the hell out of me!
I installed Town Life Stuff (I already have Generations and Ambitions), and tried to play the game on lowest settings AND in windowed mode, and it instantly freezes in live mode, it's the same problem.

is there anything left to do !? should I try to reinstall everything and try again? I'm lost here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 16:46

OsoJoRo wrote:this is annoying the hell out of me!
I installed Town Life Stuff (I already have Generations and Ambitions), and tried to play the game on lowest settings AND in windowed mode, and it instantly freezes in live mode, it's the same problem.

is there anything left to do !? should I try to reinstall everything and try again? I'm lost here...

Personally I'll say yes. You should reinstall all again. But I also do suggest you to spend your time to tune up your computer. I wonder there is any virus or malware cause this problem to you.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Aug 2011, 17:06

Hello,

No, I don't think this is caused by a virus or something.
Usually these kind of problems are caused by Mods, but you don't have any(, right?).

Please see if your PC can run the game: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 01:46

no I don't have any cc/mods....
and I sure tested my PC before downloading The Sims 3 in the first place...
it's frustrating....cause I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I tried everything.

Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!) Screenshot33368

Sims 3 (with two expansion packs) freezes while playing which leads to PC shutting down (!) Screenshot33367

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Aug 2011, 13:55

Hello,

Well, in the worst case... I think you should contact EA.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 19:04

I don't think they're gonna help me....
what r they gonna do !?
:/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 24 Aug 2011, 19:40

OsoJoRo wrote:I don't think they're gonna help me....
what r they gonna do !?
:/
Hello,

Well, they are more professional on this issue than me. So perhaps they can guide you. They never will say "Sorry, I can't help.".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top