Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing all expansion packs at once?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playing all expansion packs at once? Empty Playing all expansion packs at once?

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2014, 20:38

I been trying to figure out a way to play all of the expansion at once. If I am not mistaken, with the ultimate fix, there is a "TS3W" and a TSLHost.dll for each individual expansion pack. How would I install each of the expansion pack when I will be replacing the others TS3W nd TSLHost every single time I put it in the "The Sim Game Bin" Folder? I want to play Island Paradise, University, Ambitions, and Generations. I do not know if that is possible to play all expansion packs at once because i do remember reading that if we download it, we can only play one at a time.

Back to top Go down

Playing all expansion packs at once? Empty Re: Playing all expansion packs at once?

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2014, 22:12

No you put it into the folders of the expansions (C:/Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ YOUR EXPANSION HERE/ Game/ bin)

Back to top Go down

Playing all expansion packs at once? Empty Re: Playing all expansion packs at once?

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 18:29

I don't get it, on the ultimate fix, it said to put it in the the sims 3/ game/ bin. Not the expansion pack.. I don't know how to install late night now :/ and my game keeps crashing every single time I play.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Mar 2014, 18:41

Ciaofufu wrote:I don't get it, on the ultimate fix, it said to put it in the the sims 3/ game/ bin. Not the expansion pack.. I don't know how to install late night now WhatDidUJustCallMe? and my game keeps crashing every single time I play.

Hello,

I guess I have to correct a few things. The first guide you should follow, at all stages, is this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, after you install the base game, update it with the latest manual patch (step #2) in that guide. After that, just install all other expansions you want, but keep in mind that if you want to use the "Ultimate fix", you'll need at least one of the expansions mentioned in step #1. So install these expansions you want/you need.

After that, re-apply the manual patch from step #2. Ignore the message that "your game is updated already" - just do it again.

And at the end, download and apply the Ultimate fix exactly as described in that little guide (steps #3 and #4); the Ultimate fix always comes LAST. If you later on decide to add another expansion, just install it, and after that, re-do the steps from #2 to #4 in that guide (re-apply patch and then re-apply Ultimate fix).

Hope this helps you. Smile  And there isn't that much behind all that; if you feel unsure about anything, I'll be glad to elaborate or re-explain more.

P.S. after applying the Ultimate fix, you are ready to play the game. Again, keep in mind that applying the fix is the last step before starting the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 01:54

I did everything it said in the instructions and it keep crashing 2 minutes into the game ><

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:08

Ciaofufu wrote:I did everything it said in the instructions and it keep crashing 2 minutes into the game ><

Sorry for the late reply, but now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, try lowering some graphics settings in the in-game options menu.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top