Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing multiple expansion packs at once?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playing multiple expansion packs at once? Empty Playing multiple expansion packs at once?

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 00:59

Hi, I created an account just to ask this here!

I've downloaded various expansion packs, my first being Pets. It's all updated fine, and I followed the installation guide, and it works!

Now, I'm pretty new to this. It's a miracle that I even managed to get one expansion pack to work, but I want to install Seasons and Supernatural also, but how can I play them all at the same time?

I've never played Sims 3 before, so I have no idea if that's even possible, if it is, can someone explain how to do it? Smile

Simple is better for me.

I'm using expansion packs that were uploaded by this website, to TPB - if that makes a difference, and I'm on Version 0.2.0.164 of the Sims 3. (I don't know what other information you might need. Shocked)

Thanks for any help that you can offer! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Playing multiple expansion packs at once? Empty Re: Playing multiple expansion packs at once?

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:09

Hello,

Yes, it's possible to play multiple expansion packs all at once. Follow the following instructions and you will be fine:

(1) Install the base game first (extract the torrent with WinRAR).
(2) Download and apply the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch
(3) Install any expansions you want (extract them with WinRAR!).
(4) Reapply the manual patch.
(5) Download the Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
(6) Drag and drop the contents of #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
(7) You can try to run the game to see if it works.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Playing multiple expansion packs at once? Empty Re: Playing multiple expansion packs at once?

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:19

Is WinRAR imperative to the process? I've been using 7zip!

Also, is it possible to do this on top of the base game & single expansion pack that I already have, or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:21

Nerissa_x wrote:Is WinRAR imperative to the process? I've been using 7zip!

Also, is it possible to do this on top of the base game & single expansion pack that I already have, or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks! Smile
Hello,

Please use WinRAR only. It is known that 7zip may mess the files up. If you already have the base game and some of the expansion packs installed, please follow Steps 2-6 again if you want to install more expansion packs onto your computer.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:25

Oh, okay! Just making sure, as I don't have WinRAR, so I'll need to get it!

Thanks again! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 02:25

Hello,

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top