Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack Empty Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:48

Hi!

So... two days back, I installed sims 3 base game on my computer and it worked. AND it also worked after installing the follow expansion packs: Seasons, University Life, Master Suite Stuff, and Movie stuff. A while ago, I installed the following: Fast Lane Stuff, Town Life Stuff and Sims Supernatural. After doing so, the Sims base game won't start. (The launcher starts but after pressing "play" the game just won't open.) I've read your forums like: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013 and this https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly but it still won't start. PLEASE HELP

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack Empty Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by J.T. Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:49

Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack Empty Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:52

cat2006house wrote:Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?
I used a disc to install it

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:53

renenouve wrote:
cat2006house wrote:Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?
How did you follow the Must Read guide? Did you apply the manual patch + the Ultimate Fix after installing the expansion packs/stuff packs?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 19:32

cat2006house wrote:
renenouve wrote:
How did you follow the Must Read guide? Did you apply the manual patch + the Ultimate Fix after installing the expansion packs/stuff packs?
Okay, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and followed everything in the guidelines (I installed it then put the  on their following folders, replaced, then installed the manual fix. BUT, when I opened the #Crack folder there's only one file there: TS3W) and when I replaced the crack to its corresponding folder, I opened the launcher again but it's searching for the cd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Oct 2013, 19:41

renenouve wrote:Okay, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and followed everything in the guidelines (I installed it then put the  on their following folders, replaced, then installed the manual fix. BUT, when I opened the #Crack folder there's only one file there: TS3W) and when I replaced the crack to its corresponding folder, I opened the launcher again but it's searching for the cd
Can you, first of all, completely shut down your anti-virus software ?

After that, please re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Do the steps exactly as described.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top