Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs. Empty My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs.

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 07:21

Ok so I tried really hard to refrain from starting a new topic on this because there is so many but I just CANNOT get my game to work no matter what I've tried(I've been trying for 5 days). First off let me tell you about computer.
 Its an ASUS Laptop. Its running on Windows 8. The Processor: AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz. Installed memory(RAM): 4.00 GB. System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.(I copied exactly what my computer said).
So I download the base game and everything works fine, I can open it no problem and play with no problems. Whenever I try to install any of the expansion packs(I paid for them all) the launcher will open but when I click the play button nothing happens. It just acts like its going to do something(the blue circle comes up next to the cursor)but never opens anything up. No matter which expansion pack I try to download first or any order it wont work it just keeps doing the same thing. I have tried to by pass the launcher, no luck. I updated the game to 1.55 still no luck. Made sure that my fire wall wasn't messing with it. Tried the ultimate fix(which just caused my launcher to not open(maybe I did something wrong when I tried to download it)) and STILL it wont work. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of or see on the internet and there is still no avail. I REALLY NEED HELP and would really appreciate anything anyone can do for me I'm just getting so frustrated I wanna cry. please please please Help  Sincerely Mj

Back to top Go down

My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs. Empty Re: My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs.

Post by J.T. Sat 13 Jul 2013, 07:33

Hello,

Read the minimum requirement for The Sims 3 here:
My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs. Untitl19

It seems that your pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements (CPU: GHz).

Try the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix to see if it works.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs. Empty Re: My sims 3 game wont start after I install any expansion packs.

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 07:45

alright well I'll try to do that again. And how come the base game would work if it was the cpu. I'm not saying what your saying isn't true I just don't understand why it would do that. Is it just because your adding more onto the game so my computer can't handle it?? Thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Jul 2013, 08:07

mj8844 wrote:Ok so I tried really hard to refrain from starting a new topic on this because there is so many but I just CANNOT get my game to work no matter what I've tried(I've been trying for 5 days). First off let me tell you about computer.
 Its an ASUS Laptop. Its running on Windows 8. The Processor: AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz. Installed memory(RAM): 4.00 GB. System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.(I copied exactly what my computer said).
So I download the base game and everything works fine, I can open it no problem and play with no problems. Whenever I try to install any of the expansion packs(I paid for them all) the launcher will open but when I click the play button nothing happens. It just acts like its going to do something(the blue circle comes up next to the cursor)but never opens anything up. No matter which expansion pack I try to download first or any order it wont work it just keeps doing the same thing. I have tried to by pass the launcher, no luck. I updated the game to 1.55 still no luck. Made sure that my fire wall wasn't messing with it. Tried the ultimate fix(which just caused my launcher to not open(maybe I did something wrong when I tried to download it)) and STILL it wont work. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of or see on the internet and there is still no avail. I REALLY NEED HELP and would really appreciate anything anyone can do for me I'm just getting so frustrated I wanna cry. please please please Help  Sincerely Mj

Hello,

Besides your system requirements keep in mind that laptops aren't made for gaming, in the first place. Sad  And from what I see, 1.00 GHz is the minimum requirement for running Windows 8 too, which means - unless you upgrade your laptop or play on another computer - you will also get trouble when playing  other "recent" computer games, and not just The Sims 3, I'm afraid
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 08:36

Ahhh ok lol well thank you guys for saving me many more days of frustration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 09:17

I have this EXACT problem. I paid for the Sims 3, worked perfectly, flawlessly. I install your cracked version of the sims 3 pets, and the sims 3 late night, and boom. Sims 3 does not open, at all, even with the disc in the CD rom. My specs more than pass, and I've installed the cracks. My sims 3 launcher opens, I hit play, nothing happens. I have a 2.2 ghz dual-core processor, 4gb of ram, 1024mb ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics card, and it just wont launch.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 13 Jul 2013, 09:43

Hello,

Can you just open another topic to discuss? Don't post anything about your problem under other people's topics.
I have looked into your problem, and I think you haven't patched your game manually to the latest version (1.55.4 is the latest version. Manual patch can be downloaded here) misplaced the #crack (of the latest Ultimate Fix, you can download it here).

Just drag and drop the content to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts(Or Origin Games if you purchased the base game via Origin)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. But please make sure your game is patched to the latest version, as I said before, before applying the Ultimate Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top