Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 game save taking forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 game save taking forever Empty Sims 3 game save taking forever

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:35

Please help, yesterday everything was fine, I played for couple of hours, saved my game few times, then suddenly game won`t save anymore, saving screen is there for hours, it is showing that is saving (that circle is moving) but it just won`t save, so I have to end it with task manager. So I decided to start a new vanilla game, it works ok, and saved, but when I finished decorating my house problem pop up again, so I figure it out that game won`t save after buy or build mode. Why is that? I didn`t add anything new to the game but before everything was fine. I have patch 1.57.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 game save taking forever Empty Re: Sims 3 game save taking forever

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Nov 2013, 12:17

nataodzanata wrote:Please help, yesterday everything was fine, I played for couple of hours, saved my game few times, then suddenly game won`t save anymore, saving screen is there for hours, it is showing that is saving (that circle is moving) but it just won`t save, so I have to end it with task manager. So I decided to start a new vanilla game, it works ok, and saved, but when I finished decorating my house problem pop up again, so I figure it out that game won`t save after buy or build mode. Why is that? I didn`t add anything new to the game but before everything was fine. I have patch 1.57.
Hello,

Can you try the option "Save as..." ? Plus: some people have said that they go into "town view" first (that's where you see your hometown from above) and THEN try saving the game. Then choose a new name for that save. If you manage to do so, can you play, from now on, in that "new" savegame, and see how it goes ?

If it doesn't work, go into "Edit town-mode", save your sim(s) into the bin and then exit to the main menu. Make a completely new savegame and put your sim(s) from the bin into the new game. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 12:52

I always use save as, and I always go first and save game than quit. I will try that to go into town view.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Nov 2013, 14:36

nataodzanata wrote:I always use save as, and I always go first and save game than quit. I will try that to go into town view.
Then try just the option "Save".

And again, if you use "Save as..." choose a NEW name for the savegame. This means if your old savegame's name is "Sunset Valley", then use the option "Save as.." and name the new savegame "Sunset Valley2" or something like that.

And don't forget to try the thing with saving the sims to the bin, creating a new save from the main menu and then putting these sims into that new savegame.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 18:22

by completly new save game you meant what? I tried first saving from town view and succeded, but next time I failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Nov 2013, 18:30

nataodzanata wrote:by completly new save game you meant what? I tried first saving from town view and succeded, but next time I failed.

Here is what I mean, in pictures:

Sims 3 game save taking forever 00410

You go to your savegame now, and copy your sim(s) into the "bin" - use the button I point to in my screenshot.

Now, exit the game. There should be an option called "go to main menu", so do that. Now choose "new game" (or whatever it's called), then choose a town. Let the game create the new savegame now. Then you go into edit-town mode and put your sims from the "bin" into that new game.

Your old savegame is maybe corrupted, so we want to put your sims into a NEW savegame.

Please, play for a while in that new savegame and let us know if it worked.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 15:52

hi, I tried that, and it works, well for at least few saves, than again it started. I exited game with task manager and started again, and was able to save, so as few other times, than it started again. To me it seems like lottery, I don`t know will I lose or win next time I save my game. It seems to me everything started after I patched my game to 1.57. Now my game is patched to 1.63. And I am desperated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 03 Nov 2013, 16:11

nataodzanata wrote:hi, I tried that, and it works, well for at least few saves, than again it started. I exited game with task manager and started again, and was able to save, so as few other times, than it started again. To me it seems like lottery, I don`t know will I lose or win next time I save my game. It seems to me everything started after I patched my game to 1.57. Now my game is patched to 1.63. And I am desperated.
If you've started a fresh game (a new game) and you're still having a save issue, it is more than likely your game. 

Please, make sure you are not running your game with Mods or Custom Content  (furniture, homes and/or clothing you've downloaded from creators that are NOT EA).  If you are able to, also, please follow these steps and reapply the manual patch, then apply the Ultimate Fix to your base-game's /game/bin folder.  Smile  Let us know if that works - if not, no worries.  We'll get it working somehow!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Nov 2013, 21:58

nataodzanata wrote:hi, I tried that, and it works, well for at least few saves, than again it started. I exited game with task manager and started again, and was able to save, so as few other times, than it started again. To me it seems like lottery, I don`t know will I lose or win next time I save my game. It seems to me everything started after I patched my game to 1.57. Now my game is patched to 1.63. And I am desperated.
How long are your "playing sessions" actually ? Maybe you could try just shortening your sessions, save one or two times, and THEN exit the game. After a little while, start up the game again, and so on.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 22:02

I am playing for few hours, saving every 20 min, once I enter game I don`t quit, except when game won`t save. But before I was playing for 3-4 hours straight without saving, I was only saving when quiting playing game.

Sorry if my english is bad.

Edit, don`t know if buydebug have to do something with that, but I bought rubber duck from buydebug, but everytime i load game it isnt there anymore, and when i put it back shortly after game won`t save. But I am not sure if that is causing problem.

Last edited by nataodzanata on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 22:12; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Nov 2013, 22:06

nataodzanata wrote:I am playing for few hours, saving every 20 min, once I enter game I don`t quit, except when game won`t save. But before I was playing for 3-4 hours straight without saving, I was only saving when quiting playing game.

Sorry if my english is bad.
Although my desktop computer is easily capable of handling the base game plus all expansions, my playing sessions are never longer than one hour.

So you could try exiting the game earlier, maybe after ~45 minutes or so. Playing for several hours without exiting the game might not be a good idea, but it's up to you what you want to do next, of course...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 20:28

Hi! It`s buy debug. I don`t know why. I am no longer using buydebug and I have no problems. As soon I buy something from buydebug my game won`t save. Do you know why is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Nov 2013, 22:16

nataodzanata wrote:Hi! It`s buy debug. I don`t know why. I am no longer using buydebug and I have no problems. As soon I buy something from buydebug my game won`t save. Do you know why is that?
Are you using any mods, actually ?

Since I don't have that bug I can't tell you what could cause this, besides incompatible mods/CC. Mybe another Helper/Moderator knows more about that though.

If not, could you live without buydebug ? I'm afraid there's not much else what I can suggest.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top