Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store fix files causes game to save/load forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store fix files causes game to save/load forever Empty Store fix files causes game to save/load forever

Post by Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 19:16

Hi guys, I'm new here. I got the Sims 3 complete from here along with some store items and of course the store fix. 
After that the game started to get stuck on loading screens and save screen. After checking for bad CCs I finally took out the store fix and it worked. 
I want to know if there's an alternative to the store fix which won't cause the glitch?

Help

Back to top Go down

Store fix files causes game to save/load forever Empty Re: Store fix files causes game to save/load forever

Post by Sim Architect Sat 27 Dec 2014, 19:31

Welcome to the Forum! Try CC Magic, did wonders for me when I faced this very same problem (except I am not sure if it was a fix, it just solved whatever conflict it found with my store content...) Smile

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Store fix files causes game to save/load forever Empty Re: Store fix files causes game to save/load forever

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 01:08

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try that out later and I'll let you know how it goes.  Very Happy

Edit: Should I use it on the store fix packages or on my store items?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 29 Dec 2014, 07:22

KingHenry wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try that out later and I'll let you know how it goes.  Very Happy

Edit: Should I use it on the store fix packages or on my store

Nice! CC Magic will run on everything, it will look for issues and you can disable conflicting items. Besides that, it will compile many tiny objects into large package files, so your game runs way better after that!

Please, let us know how it turned out.

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec 2014, 19:46

SvenT wrote:
Nice! CC Magic will run on everything, it will look for issues and you can disable conflicting items. Besides that, it will compile many tiny objects into large package files, so your game runs way better after that!

Please, let us know how it turned out.

Hey, I tried CC Magic and pressed play, I did notice that the game performed much faster than before but unfortunately, after using buydebug and taking an item out I had the same problem with the endless save Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 30 Dec 2014, 20:53

Did you look if there was any conflict (scrolling down inside of CC Magic from the first until the last item)? They are usually marked in red as problematic content, so you can disable them (when you get a new store fix for a certain item, you should remove any older fixes you have for it, or you will face issues).

Also, try creating a new game and see how it plays out...

If it doesn't work out, I am sure a more experienced member of the board will be able to help you, don't worry! Smile

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec 2014, 21:40

Hi I just checked every folder and I didn't see any red items except for when it said XML/Tuning for mods. Hopefully we can a solution soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 30 Dec 2014, 21:44

OK. Let's hope someone more experienced intercedes for us here Wink

I really want to see how this turns out and I am following your topic until it's closed.

Have a great evening!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Dec 2014, 01:18

KingHenry wrote:Hi I just checked every folder and I didn't see any red items except for when it said XML/Tuning for mods. Hopefully we can a solution soon Smile

Are you sure you don't ave any OLD store fix files anymore ? That means, when you copied over the new store fixes, did you actually make sure to remove all of the old files ?

I remember there was an issue with the files back then in late summer, but this issue shouldn't happen at all if you are using only the latest files from G4TW (and please, don't mix store fixes from different sources either; just use only the G4TW files).

Also, after putting in the store fixes, delete the scriptCache.package file located in (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. When starting the game, see if it saves, and you may also try the option "Save as" (!!!) and then select a new name for the save. See if it succeeds. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jan 2015, 03:56

Hi, 

I like to add more information to this glitch. I didn't want to start a new thread because I think it is the same issue, from a different angle. 

Basically I traced the issue to the latest storefixes for Sims 3.

In edit town mode: When editing a lot with buydebug on, the game will be stuck in a "loading" screen upon exiting the lot. No, you can't save since it is on "loading" and the user interface has been disabled. Actually to be very specific, turning on the buydebug cheat won't cause the problem until you actually placed an object from the buydebug cheat. Since it is stuck in a "loading" screen, all user interface is inactive and you cannot save.

So, I tried EIG cheat to edit the lot while in live mode. This allows me to return to "live" mode after using buydebug, however when I save the game, it is stuck in "saving" loadscreen. 

I checked task manager and discovered the memory is not changing, CPU at minimal. This indicates some sort of memory leak? Either way, the game is just stuck in an infinite loop. I checked the "current game folder" and noticed the nhd file is not updated, the game hasn't even begun to save yet.

Yes, I've tested this many times, deleting cache, using MC reset, etc... trying brand new worlds, etc... nothing works. When I remove the storefixes from the mods folder, it immediately fixed it. 

I've traced the cause to the file: StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 09 Jan 2015, 02:28

Thanks for the info! It's always handy to know alternative ways to fix things!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 06:32

Will you guys be releasing a new version of StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:31

Hi! I think the new fix for the store is up to date already, did you take a look on http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html ?

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 13:29

Hi,

Unfortunately that is the version I am currently using which is causing the glitch. But it really isn't that big of a deal, I don't use "buydebug" much. When I do need it, I simply take that file out and then replace it when I am done. The file works fine in any other mode.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 14 Jan 2015, 16:07

Sorry to hear that! I am also using the same one, but I didn't have issues with buydebug yet. I am really sorry that I don't know how to assist you further, but I will ask for help.

It may take a while, but some moderator or more experienced helper will take a look on the issue as soon as they can.

Have a great day!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:38

RedBeardCeltic wrote:Will you guys be releasing a new version of StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package?

Most likely not, but first of all, this is not your thread. If you need specific help yourself in the future, please open a NEW thread instead of bumping someone else's thread. Smile  

As for your issue, it was a big debate topic back then. See this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17462-possible-issues-with-store-fixes-closed

Toward the end of this discussion thread, I/we concluded that this issue was due to conflicting entries within these store fix files. The last version of these fixes, which I myself "authored", almost completely remedied this bug. I myself don't have this issue you are talking about. I can use these store fixes without any issue whatsoever. And so is the case with the vast majority of other users on here.

While I'm sorry to hear about your issue, you are in a very tiny minority, and I don't have any explanation as to why this is still happening for some. In all likelihood, I myself will not look further into these files. The work effort behind the final conclusion in the thread I linked to was almost epic, lol. 

I do, however, have some alternative explanations, in this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17432-store-fix-doors-and-saving#119543

But beyond that, there isn't much left for me to say. I did read up on a possibility to re-categorize buydebug items, so that they show up in the "normal" buymode. As of now, I haven't gotten much into that, as the procedure involved in this is also big in scope. And you shouldn't necessarily expect much from me or any other G4TW staff member in this matter, but I/we might still think about it.

But again, beyond that, I'm afraid you're out of luck, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 21:04

Hi Moderator Carlos,

My apologies, I was under the impression that I have the same issue as the OP, so I didn't want to start a new thread and clotter up the forum. I didn't mean to hijack someone's thread.

The links you've provided were extremely helpful. Since the fix is for all the contents, I think the less store content a person has the more chance of this bug. I'm pretty particular in what I dl, so I have very few store contents.

Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 16 Jan 2015, 23:05

Good! Problem solved?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Jan 2015, 05:04

SvenT wrote:Good! Problem solved?

Let's leave it open. Smile  Since the original poster ("KingHenry") did not post back. That was his last post, and it doesn't seem to be solved, yet.

KingHenry wrote:Hi I just checked every folder and I didn't see any red items except for when it said XML/Tuning for mods. Hopefully we can a solution soon Store fix files causes game to save/load forever Icon_smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top