Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes... Empty Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes...

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 03:31

Hi everyone,

I've had a good search around to make sure that this hasn't already been posted and solved, but I couldn't find anything. I'm really, really sorry in advance if it's already been solved and I missed it Sad

But I've been having a problem with getting my Sims 3 game to load. The background does not appear in the load screen, and the words don't appear in the drop down menu where you get to pick the town. I've attached some pictures for you to see exactly what's been happening:

Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes... 1_zps8c27fd4a

Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes... 2_zps3beefb52

Additionally, when I try to go further than this (I don't know exactly what I'm doing because I can't see the words, and it's been a long time since I last played the game) the game crashes before the town loads. I have the Sims 3 Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, and University Life. I updated to Patch 1.63.5 successfully before launching the game, and I've applied the Ultimate Fix. 

If this helps, here are my System Specs:
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 CPU     M 460 @ 2.53GHz  2.53GHz
It's a 64-bit operating system.

I've installed the game and a bunch of expansion packs successfully before on this computer, so I really don't know what's wrong this time...could I please, please have some help?

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes... Empty Re: Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes...

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 03:34

Oh, and I forgot to add: I had a few mods installed at first, but I tried to run the game again after removing them, and it's still the same.

Back to top Go down

Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes... Empty Re: Can't see any words or the load screen + crashes...

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 07:43

I have pretty much this exact same problem too, I just downloaded the game and its expansions yesterday and followed all the instructions to the letter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 14 Nov 2013, 07:59

Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 08:43

@ Sephymuffins: Yes. To the T. Just like the poster above me said they did.

And thank you for replying Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 08:50

Do you think the only possible alternative would be to uninstall and reinstall everything? I'm trying not to have to go down that route because it's so time consuming Sad All suggestions are welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 14 Nov 2013, 09:11

If you still have the Ultimate Fix.rar folder on your pc, are you able to open it for me and then open the .pdf?  There should be a date inside of it, and it SHOULD say 31-10-2013.  If it doesn't, you need to download the updated Fix from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k38pwmv5irp0y2z/The_Sims_3_fix.rar.  Download it then reapply it. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 09:36

Oh, I never noticed that! It says 23-10-2013 on mine. I'll definitely retry applying the fix soon and post an update once I've done that.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 13:17

I have the one that says 31-10-2013 and I'm still running into the same problem. I've also tried changing the registry settings to another language and back to en-US but both have the missing text problem (and the crash prior to loading a neighborhood). I'm going to reinstall everything to see if it works but so far as it stands, even the latest Ultimate Fix isn't doing it for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 00:15

I just redownloaded the fix, but it still says 23-10-2013. Do you know where I can get the 31-10-2013 version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 00:17

Never mind, I just downloaded it from the Mirror link on the fix page.

:-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 01:23

Yea i have tried the updated fix as well and i still have the same issue. Physis did you get yours working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 09:34

I did, nick905. But I didn't just reapply the fix. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled everything I wanted- I had cold feet about some of the expansions because I didn't enjoy them last time, so I reinstalled my base game with World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural and University Life. I then applied the new fix, and it worked like a charm.

And if it helps, I don't think that this is the fault of any custom content. When I first had this issue, I uninstalled my CC, and then reinstalled it, and the same thing happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 16:45

This happen to me last day but now its ok.

What I did is I install the Base Game after that I patch the game to the latest patch and I install EP: Into the Future and the rest of EP and SP. but now I having a problem in CAS. when I click the outfit its say Stop working.

Moderator edit: make a NEW topic for your problem(s), please.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top