Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED] Empty Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 18:54

I tried playing my custom music and all of a sudden it just won't play. Please help

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 19:43

D'Gamr wrote:I tried playing my custom music and all of a sudden it just won't play. Please help

Hello,

Did the music work before actually ? Keep in mind that the the custom music needs to be in the .mp3 file format, and if I remember correctly (anybody correct me if I'm wrong), the bitrate of the songs must be 128 kbit/second [kbps] (right-click on the file, go to "properties", then to "details").

Also, can you try clearing all cache files too ? In My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

good luck and let us know how it went !

//EDIT

And the .mp3s belong into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 /Custom music. If there's no "Custom music"-folder, create one and just put the songs in there. Although I've read that songs with bitrates above 128 kbps and up to 320 kbps should work, they don't work for me. Feel free to test that yourself though. Also, make sure to choose the "custom music" station on the radio, inside the game.

//EDIT 2

OK, I found this here, which might help you a bit: http://modthesims.info/t/484679

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Custom Music Will Not Work Anymore. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:03

Yes, the music had worked before and I will delete the caches and reboot the game. And all my music is 128kbps and in mp3 format.

Edit: It's still not working. What now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:51

D'Gamr wrote:Yes, the music had worked before and I will delete the caches and reboot the game. And all my music is 128kbps and in mp3 format.

Edit: It's still not working. What now?
You might want to consult the topic on "Modthesims" Ilinked to. Other than that, I'm sorry I can't really help you more with that. But if you go to your Custom music-folder, and double-click on the files, they do open in a Media player, don't they ?

Maybe another Helper/Moderator knows more about this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:07

Can you explain it more clearly? Does that mean the stereo is playing with no sound? If that is the case, it means something is wrong with one of your MP3 files (e.g. it being corrupted or using a "bad" codec). Please try this:

1. Remove all your music files from the custom music folder.
2. Move only one of them back to that folder and test if it plays in the game.
3. Test all of your files this way to identify the ones that are not playing correctly.
4. Move all "good" files back into the custom music folder.

Good luck and let us know the result.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 23:26

UPDATE
It's working now :DThanks for all the help

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 18 Nov 2013, 23:37

D'Gamr wrote:UPDATE
It's working now :DThanks for all the help
I guess I can close the topic now. Wink
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top