Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED] Empty Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 08:48

I installed successfully both Sims 3 base game and Sims 3 Showtime and it worked well. Now I wanted to install a Sims 3 Pets (Fixed), and it caused me allot of problems. All games are downloaded from Torrent.

First time I installed it, I did everything just like it says in the download txt, and it said there is compatibility problem. Okay, I tried to reinstall it.

Next time I reinstalled it (I had to uninstall Sims 3 Pets and do it all over again), right before I would copy #Crack files into original game folder, the Launcher opened saying I should update the base game. So I did and closed it. Then I finished as it said in the download txt, and it seemed like everything went well. But it didn't. Everytime I wanted to start the game (any of them), it opened me a Launcher, and I don't want Launcher, because when I tried to use it with the Sims 3, it entirely blocked my game (since it's not original version) and since then I try to avoid it as much as I can. 

I then deleted the Launcher from my desktop and instead created shortcut for TS3EP05.exe of the game (Pets).  When I tried to open the game, it won't launch at all. I also tried to open other games like Showtime or basic version, and either won't open at all. 
Maybe I shouldn't delete a Launcher at all, but had not had any other option, since it wouldn't launch it anyway (because it only launches original games). When I was installing Showtime (from another source), I had to actually delete launched version on desktop so I could launch it at all. Or maybe there is some compatibility problem, although I had read on the Sims 3 forum that updates are from now on only for base game and not for expansion packs, so there should not be any compatibility problems anymore. I'm not sure of that.

What should I do? Does anybody have any idea on how to fix that kind of problem? I would like to play the game and it won't open anymore!

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Dec 2013, 23:27

Anasthasiya wrote:I installed successfully both Sims 3 base game and Sims 3 Showtime and it worked well. Now I wanted to install a Sims 3 Pets (Fixed), and it caused me allot of problems. All games are downloaded from Torrent.

First time I installed it, I did everything just like it says in the download txt, and it said there is compatibility problem. Okay, I tried to reinstall it.

Next time I reinstalled it (I had to uninstall Sims 3 Pets and do it all over again), right before I would copy #Crack files into original game folder, the Launcher opened saying I should update the base game. So I did and closed it. Then I finished as it said in the download txt, and it seemed like everything went well. But it didn't. Everytime I wanted to start the game (any of them), it opened me a Launcher, and I don't want Launcher, because when I tried to use it with the Sims 3, it entirely blocked my game (since it's not original version) and since then I try to avoid it as much as I can. 

I then deleted the Launcher from my desktop and instead created shortcut for TS3EP05.exe of the game (Pets).  When I tried to open the game, it won't launch at all. I also tried to open other games like Showtime or basic version, and either won't open at all. 
Maybe I shouldn't delete a Launcher at all, but had not had any other option, since it wouldn't launch it anyway (because it only launches original games). When I was installing Showtime (from another source), I had to actually delete launched version on desktop so I could launch it at all. Or maybe there is some compatibility problem, although I had read on the Sims 3 forum that updates are from now on only for base game and not for expansion packs, so there should not be any compatibility problems anymore. I'm not sure of that.

What should I do? Does anybody have any idea on how to fix that kind of problem? I would like to play the game and it won't open anymore!

Thank you!

Hello,

Please try using the LATEST manual patch (version 1.63) and then the LATEST Ultimate fix too. This means, do the steps from 2 to 4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After you've done step #4, make a shortcut to the desktop from that TS3W.exe file. Use this TS3W.exe shortcut to start the game from now on. Wink 

Good luck and let me know if that worked !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems installing Sims 3 Pets - my game doesn't work anymore? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 17:33

Well, what I did... I uninstalled it all, and then installed all the expansions at once, and followed the steps in Ultimate Fix. So then game started working normally and I didn't have any problems since then. Thank you! Smile

Mod edit: good to hear that ! Smile  I'm closing the topic now - if you have any other issues, feel free to open a new topic.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top