Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Empty The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:34

Whenever I start the game it's fine until I try to a certain spot in the house or try to rotate my camera. It then blacks out blinking at first before staying black. I try everything to get out of it but nothing works so I'm forced to turn my computer off. Sometimes it turns out itself and my computer recovery screen comes on telling me it shutoff to prevent damage. Can you please help?Sad  I've applied the ultimate fix several times and it doesn't help.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Empty Re: The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:45

Hello,

Can you please give us your computer specs?  If you do not know how, you can simply go here, select The Sims 3 from the drop down menu (or type the game in yourself), then run the test.  Be sure to select 'Automatic Detection'. 

Let me know the results, thank you!

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Empty Re: The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:58

First I tested my sims 3 basic game and it said I pass and meet the minimum but when i typed in the extension game the sims 3 island paradise it said i fail because i dont have the dedicated video ram amount 128mb is required and mine is 64 mb is there anyway i can fix this or do i just have to delete it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 22 Nov 2013, 03:03

Mzbabiface09 wrote:First I tested my sims 3 basic game and it said I pass and meet the minimum but when i typed in the extension game the sims 3 island paradise it said i fail because i dont have the dedicated video ram amount 128mb is required and mine is 64 mb is there anyway i can fix this or do i just have to delete it?
Hello,

Are you on Windows or MAC?  Are you running XP, Windows 7, 8..?  I'd need to know more about your specs than just the video ram.  Do you have a dedicated graphics card?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 03:07

Sephymuffins wrote:
Mzbabiface09 wrote:First I tested my sims 3 basic game and it said I pass and meet the minimum but when i typed in the extension game the sims 3 island paradise it said i fail because i dont have the dedicated video ram amount 128mb is required and mine is 64 mb is there anyway i can fix this or do i just have to delete it?
Hello,

Are you on Windows or MAC?  Are you running XP, Windows 7, 8..?  I'd need to know more about your specs than just the video ram.  Do you have a dedicated graphics card?
Im on Windows 7 sorry I'm not very smart when it comes to computers so how about i just copy and paste the results?

CPU
Minimum: For XP 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz
The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Blue_i
CPU Speed
Minimum: Info
You Have: 2.5 GHz

The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Green_checkmark
RAM
Minimum: For XP 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista and Windows 7 1.5 GB RAM
You Have: 3.9 GB

OS
Minimum: XP SP2 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (GeForce 6500 or Radeon 9500)
You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
[th][/th][th][/th][th]Required [/th][th]You Have [/th]
The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Green_checkmark_smallPixel Shader version 2.0 4.0
The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Green_checkmark_smallVertex Shader version 2.0 4.0
The Sims 3 crashes whenever I move around the house Red_x_smallDedicated Video RAM 128 MB 64 MB
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 2.5 GB
You Have: 324.5 GB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Nov 2013, 23:56

Is there anyone who can help me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 25 Nov 2013, 00:45

Mzbabiface09 wrote:Is there anyone who can help me?
Hello,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you DO NOT - I repeat - do not want to be playing The Sims 3 on a PC with your specs.

Please realize, you do not have a dedicated graphics card.  You have integrated graphics.  Running a game like The Sims 3 on a PC like yours that was not designed for graphically demanding games, your laptop/pc WILL overheat.  If it stated that it shut off (earlier) to prevent damage, that means it did already overheat - this is a bad sign.  

My suggestion to you would be to eventually upgrade your PC or stick to games that are not so graphically demanding.  Your PC isn't bad, however it is not a gaming setup and you're going to have a lot of trouble playing The Sims 3 because it is a very heavy, demanding game!  You can potentially ruin your computer by continuing to try to play, as your PC will continue to overheat and eventually something will be damaged.

Please realize as well, that if you plan on buying a new gaming setup, stay very far away from general electronic stores.  When you look for a gaming laptop or PC, get one that has a graphics card like Nvidia or AMD, etc.  Most PCs in 'Best Buy', 'Frys', etc., claim to be made for "gaming" however they're made for anything but!  I fell for this a while back with my previous laptop;  I dropped about $700 on a supposedly "fast" "gaming" laptop, however, it was plagued with overheating issues and it could not handle even the most simplist, non-demanding PC games!  Stick to stores like Newegg!  You'll find great deals for the holidays. Wink

Hopefully this gives you some clarity on what your issue is.  Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd not want your PC to be permanently ruined due to trying to play a game it is just not cut out to play.

Have a good week.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top