Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes after I move my sims into their house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes after I move my sims into their house Empty Game crashes after I move my sims into their house

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:34

Hello,

I just installed the sims using the movie provided on gamesworld. The game starts normally but when I move my sims into their house the game freezes/crashes. This only happens when I have pets in my family (Edit:freezes/crashes without pets aswell). How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

I updated my game just in the movie on this site, but this is patch 1.50. Could this cause the problem and if so how do I get downgrade from this patch.

Edit: I tried playing without pets but even then the pointer becomes the loading circle and I cant click anything anymore (i can still look around and the mouse works, but I just cant click anything)

Back to top Go down

Game crashes after I move my sims into their house Empty Re: Game crashes after I move my sims into their house

Post by invalidusername Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:55

Updating to 1.50 is definitely a cause of many problems. The cracks we have are not yet updated for this patch level, and probably won't be for a few days yet. The only way to downgrade patches is to uninstall the base game, and update that back up to the patch that you need, which at this point would be 1.48.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Game crashes after I move my sims into their house Empty Re: Game crashes after I move my sims into their house

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 13:13

Dear invalidusername,

I uninstalled and patched the game to patch 1.48. But when I move my family into there house the game freezes up and I have to alt+f4. How can I fix this?

Edit: I just rebooted the sims a second time and now I can play with my family.

Edit: The game just froze up again after a few min of playing.

My setup is: HD7970M, Intelcore I7-3820QM, Windows 7 home premium 64 bit (its impossible that my pc could not handle sims 3)

I also did some research myself and I found that the sims is forcing the internal memory to only use 2gb (even when there is more available) I found a file that could upgrade it to 4gb (It is called the 4gb patch). I used the 4gb patch but still the game freezes/crashes after a few min. What should I do ?

I even updated the driver for my hd7970m I really have no clue anymore how to get this game working properly

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 24 Feb 2013, 02:57

Now you can update to 1.50, it's supposed to fix a bunch of issues.

Backup and remove "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3".

I'm kind of at a loss of how to help if those don't help at all. Was your game working before you originally updated to 1.50, or did you update to that point as soon as you installed the games?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 15:04

Hello,

You can patch safely/correctly to 1.50 following these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top