Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED] Empty How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 14:48

Hi! First of all, thanks to all of you guys who make this great site happen! I was thrilled when I discovered it. I downloaded Sims 3 + almost all expansion packs and collections. I installed the base game according to https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. BUT I can't seem to find out HOW exactly to install the expansions (since I read somewhere in the forum that the installation guides packed in the downloaded folders are outdated) and I don't want to experiment. Could you be so kind as to give me (detailed) instructions? I'd be most grateful.

Back to top Go down

How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 22 Nov 2013, 14:56

First, you must extract the .rar file of each of the expansion to every blank folder via WinRAR. And then double-click auto-run.exe or setup.exe to start installation.

Bear in mind that if you are prompted to enter a serial code, open #Installation guide.txt and copy and paste the code to the setup.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to actually install all expansion packs? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 15:13

Thanks a lot! I'm still in the process of installing but so far it's going ok. But: should I let it install the latest version of Origin or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 23 Nov 2013, 15:18

Your choice. Origin enables you to update the game but the manual patch mentioned here already does the job, so I don't think you need Origin to help you update.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 15:21

I see. So when I already installed the patch (I was getting update error so I went to step 2 as the instruction says), there's no point in updating Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 23 Nov 2013, 15:32

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 16:27

J.T. wrote:First, you must extract the .rar file of each of the expansion to every blank folder via WinRAR. And then double-click auto-run.exe or setup.exe to start installation.

Bear in mind that if you are prompted to enter a serial code, open #Installation guide.txt and copy and paste the code to the setup.
I just want to know what you mean by extracting to every blank folder? because that part confuses me. Do I just make a blank folder and put it in there? Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Nov 2013, 17:31

braids247 wrote:I just want to know what you mean by extracting to every blank folder? because that part confuses me. Do I just make a blank folder and put it in there? Noob
Just create a new folder, and extract all contents of the .RAR file into that folder (use WinRAR for that). You should use separate folders for each expansion, so e.g. one folder for "Island Paradise", one folder for "World Adventures", etc.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Nov 2013, 20:48

Thanks for your help! The game works fine now! Smile

Moderator edit: I think I can close this now. If you run into other problems, feel free to open a new topic. Have fun ! Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top