Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims game lags a lot. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims game lags a lot. [SOLVED] Empty My sims game lags a lot. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 20:59

Okay, my game is slow, and it lags A LOT. But, it usually happens after playing it for a few hours. The cc I have are mostly clothes and hair, so they shouldn't cause a problem. I do have mods, but they're just NRaas and I've never had a problem with them before. The objects I have are just beds and a few lights. I only have like 10 objects all together. And then I have sliders, freckles, beauty marks, and makeup. I'm pretty sure it's my computer, but I have no idea about the stuff inside of the computer, I'm more of a software type of person. Here are my specs.

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd
System Model: GA-990FXA-UD3
Bios: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUS) ~3.4GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Memory: 4096mb RAM

And I have 920 gig on my hard-drive. I'm only using 300 something. (There's 641 free, I'm too lazy to do the math.)
Anything else, just ask.

Back to top Go down

My sims game lags a lot. [SOLVED] Empty Re: My sims game lags a lot. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Nov 2013, 21:06

auti wrote:Okay, my game is slow, and it lags A LOT. But, it usually happens after playing it for a few hours. The cc I have are mostly clothes and hair, so they shouldn't cause a problem. I do have mods, but they're just NRaas and I've never had a problem with them before. The objects I have are just beds and a few lights. I only have like 10 objects all together. And then I have sliders, freckles, beauty marks, and makeup. I'm pretty sure it's my computer, but I have no idea about the stuff inside of the computer, I'm more of a software type of person. Here are my specs.
(...)

And I have 920 gig on my hard-drive. I'm only using 300 something. (There's 641 free, I'm too lazy to do the math.)
Anything else, just ask.
Hello,

What do you mean by "after playing it for a few hours" ? Do you mean you play the game for several hours without exiting it ? If so, try shortening your playing sessions; save the game and close it for a while (ro "relieve the computer"). While my desktop computer is easily capable of handling the game plus all expansions and stuff packs, my playing sessions are never longer than one hour.

Beyond that, read this topic here for general tips on how to cope with lag: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Let us know how it went ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 21:47

noooo 2/3 hours at best. but, I realized I haven't installed some of the nraas mods that i should, thanks to the guide that is. i'll see if it works and tell you uwu. thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Nov 2013, 21:55

auti wrote:noooo 2/3 hours at best. but, I realized I haven't installed some of the nraas mods that i should, thanks to the guide that is. i'll see if it works and tell you uwu. thanks!
Yes, do that. Smile  And again: try shortening your playing time even more, just to see if the lag occurs.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Dec 2013, 04:02

haha i did what the guide said excluding installing the game booster because ive done that before and it did not help at all, and it made my other game crash a lot.
also, another thing i did was disable the ingame store preview things, and it really sped up the load time for CAS and build/buy. 
and i played for like 4 hours and it didnt lag at all except for the first half hour.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:53

auti wrote:haha i did what the guide said excluding installing the game booster because ive done that before and it did not help at all, and it made my other game crash a lot.
also, another thing i did was disable the ingame store preview things, and it really sped up the load time for CAS and build/buy. 
and i played for like 4 hours and it didnt lag at all except for the first half hour.
I think that sounds good ! Very Happy  Do you need any further assistance ?

I don't use this "Gamebooster"-thing myself because if you don't know what exactly you can "turn off" (in the computer settings), then it might cause you some trouble....

If you haven't done so already, you could try defragmenting the hard-drive. Also, try using the "4 GB patch" too (step #3): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Double-click on the patch and choose the (cracked) TS3W.exe in your base game location. Feel free to do the other steps in that guide too, although your game is not "crashing" - it's still recommended to do. Smile 

Good luck !

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:48; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 09:17

no im good, and i have done the 4gb thing and my computer defrags my harddisk weekly!! i have a lot of programs to help my computer run so

Moderator edit: OK then. Happy simming ! This topic is closed now. Feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top