Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims freeze, but animations continue!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims freeze, but animations continue!? Empty Sims freeze, but animations continue!?

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 08:27

Well, here is my problem: 
My game loads up perfectly, and plays with almost no lag. But, everytime I play, it eventually freezes. This can happen four minutes into the game, or four hours into it. It has no certain time frame. It only lags, right before it freezes, so usually I will know when it is about to freeze so that way I can save my game. When it freezes, my sims stay completely still, and I cannot access buy/build mode or click anywhere. But my cursor, tv, music, plumbob, etc all keep on moving. 
I've tried deleting all my CC and Store content, and then reinstalling only what I want (which trust me, is a very small amount compared to what I had before). I use alot of NRAAS mods, such as Overwatch, Story Progression, Master Controller, and Career. I only have Store content and the rest is from TSR (which I've never had a problem with). 
I'm running: 
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit 
HP Pavilion g7 notebook 
AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD graphics 
4.00 GB RAM (with 3.48 usable) 
and 300GB of memory left. 
=== Rating info === 
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1497 Threading: 3 
Adjusted CPU: 1596 RAM: 3561 Adjusted RAM: 3049 Cores: 4 
I have all expansions and stuff packs.
I run my graphics high, but keep my tree detail and things like that low. I also have my refresh rate at the default, not 60. I don't have many .package files either. 
Any ideas? 

Back to top Go down

Sims freeze, but animations continue!? Empty Re: Sims freeze, but animations continue!?

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 09:29

Did you add your games to the DEP? Try this topic.
Also, try to run the game as Administrator.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top