Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working ) Empty Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 17:16

Hello. I had this problem before ( I can't find the topic, but it has the same exact title) and Lady Eldi helped me fix it.

Basically the sims,pets and time freeze, but idle animations ( such as butterflies, hovering blob above head etc. ) keep going. This suddenly started to happen today. I have not installed anything that could have caused it. I already have Overwatch installed, LadyEldi had recommended it last time.
Last time I fixed this by lowering the graphic settings and now I lowered them again but this time it does not work. I need help again !

Edit : I found the original topic : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4827-sims-3-partial-freeze-help-sims-frozen-but-idle-animations-working-solved

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working ) Empty Re: Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 Aug 2012, 21:15

//Topic moved
Hello,

No mods or cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working ) Empty Re: Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 22:15

Lady ElDi wrote://Topic moved
Hello,

No mods or cc?

Overwatch and The Book of Knowledge.

Notes : I had the book of knowledge a long time before it started freezing, haven't installed anything else.
I started a new world on a new save before the problem occurred . Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to test other saves ( different pc ). Once I test the other saves I will return with details.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 03 Aug 2012, 07:52

Hello,

Please do.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:11

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Please do.

I tried an older save and it does not freeze. Also I started a new world and it doesn't freeze either. Only that one freezes.

Notes : The one that freezes is in Bridgeport with a newly created household
The new one that doesn't freeze is ins Sunset Valley with an already placed household (from the game creators).

Maybe the map or the type of household has something to do, but I can't try all possibilities, especially that the game loads up slowly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 03 Aug 2012, 13:40

Hello,

Please go to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\ . Does one or more of the folders have a .bad extension? Or when you open them perhaps.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:45

Bridgeport is notorious for causing lagging and glitches in the game. It has a lot of really weird routing issues, and makes sims get stuck trying to go places.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:01

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please go to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\ . Does one or more of the folders have a .bad extension? Or when you open them perhaps.

No all the extensions seem fine ( .dat, .nhd, .package, .data ). Even that specific save that causes problems seems ok, it looks like the other ones.

invalidusername wrote:Bridgeport is notorious for causing lagging and glitches in the game. It has a lot of really weird routing issues, and makes sims get stuck trying to go places.

Maybe but I didn't have any problems with this world before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:11

i used to have the same problem as u and it happened a lot...but i thought that my laptop was the problem anyways i decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it(for another reason not this one) .. but when i started playing again this didnt happen anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:50

krayzie wrote:i used to have the same problem as u and it happened a lot...but i thought that my laptop was the problem anyways i decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it(for another reason not this one) .. but when i started playing again this didnt happen anymore

I had this problem, fixed it, uninstalled ( for another reason, too ), re-installed, everything went fine for a while, I made a new world&household, problem occurred again, now I play other saves ( hopefully they will not encounter the same issue ). I don't want to re-install all that ( it takes almost a day ).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 03 Aug 2012, 19:01

Hello,

Try the fixed Bridgeport world mentioned here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 19:52

I can't find it Sad Can you give me a link ?
Found it.

//EDIT

vici30 wrote:

I can't find it Sad Can you give me a link ?
Found it.

Done. Doesn't work Sad Same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 03 Aug 2012, 21:55

Hello,

Let me think, because there was something you had to do after installing that world before it would work.
Ah yes, you'll have to clear the caches before it'll work properly, look here to see how.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 03 Aug 2012, 22:25

Hello,

Shouldn't Errortrap - or was it another Mod? - fix these kind of routing issues?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 23:06

Let me think, because there was something you had to do after installing that world before it would work.
Ah yes, you'll have to clear the caches before it'll work properly, look here to see how.

Done. Same problem, again Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 03 Aug 2012, 23:18

Hello,

Please wait for Lady ElDi's reply on this one, Errortrap may work, I'm not sure.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 04 Aug 2012, 04:19

Errortrap can help with routing and stuck sim issues. However, it's not a guaranteed fix-all.

If you'd like to try it, here's the link. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 04 Aug 2012, 08:19

Hello,

Overwatch is more likely to help though, it takes care of fims who are stuck, abandoned cars, missing sims. But vici30 already has Overwatch.
What can you tell us about your pc? Low end pc's can still have difficulty handling Bridgeport, in my experience.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 08:50

Overwatch is more likely to help though, it takes care of fims who are stuck, abandoned cars, missing sims. But vici30 already has Overwatch.
What can you tell us about your pc? Low end pc's can still have difficulty handling Bridgeport, in my experience.

Not really low-end :

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @2.33 GHz (4 CPUs)
4096MB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 560, 2386 MB memory
DirectX11, Shader Model 3 etc.
Windows 7 x64
1680x1050 resolution
5.1 speakers

Ok maybe resolution and speakers don't matter Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 04 Aug 2012, 09:24

LOL I bet they didn't.
However, changing your resolution might help. If you lower your resolution, you also lower the FPS rate.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:05

Lady ElDi wrote:LOL I bet they didn't.
However, changing your resolution might help. If you lower your resolution, you also lower the FPS rate.

Nope. Got anything else ? xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:57

Never mind, double post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top