Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 16:19

Hello. I got the sims 3, all expanion and stuff packs and I installed them following the " How to install Sims 3 correctly thread" and it worked fine at first. I played for a few days ( real days, not sim-days ), but then the game started to freeze partially : this means that the sims, pets etc. and time are completely frozen, but the idle animations are still working ( rotating green blob above sims The Sims Plumbob 1 , leaves, butterflies etc ). These freezes showed up more often and took more and more time to the point that the game is completely unplayable now, being frozen almost all the time. Please help !

Notes:
1. I have seen that many people have this problem, but I found no fix for it ( that's why i joined your forums )
2. I have read the "The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix!" , "How to apply the Sims 3 ultimate Fix", "The Sims 3 crashes / freezes to Desktop fix" topics and followed the instructions. I still have the problem.
3. I have started a new game ( a clean new save ), but it has the same problem.
4. I do not have any custom content or mods. All items come from expansions and stuff packs.
5. No, I don't have the original games.
6. Oh and the freezes happen no matter what time speed is toggled ( I have read somewhere that it may be an issue with speed 3 - I avoid using speed 3 but it still happens).

As you can see, I have tried everything. Can you help me ?

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 May 2012, 09:14

Hello,

We have a topic with possible causes and solutions here, let us know if none of these work for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 partial freeze help ! ( sims frozen but idle animations working )[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2012, 10:46

Sorry for the misunderstanding regarding moving the topic.
Anyway, I tried overwatch and Game Booster ( my pc is good though ) and first it seemed to fix the problem ( it didn't freeze so soon ) but then the freezes came again Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 12 May 2012, 13:58

Hello,

Gamebooster won't help if you're on a high(er) end pc.
Are you using any other mods or cc? It has been suggested that bad/conflicting CC can cause this particular type of freezing.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 May 2012, 18:16

Well no.. The only mod is Overwatch. I had to set up my framework specially for overwatch, as I had no CC before.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 12 May 2012, 20:41

Hello,

If you're playing one of the EA worlds, those routing fixes at modthesims might help a little.
Did you try tweaking your in-game video options?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 13:16

I am currently playing a custom world, but it happened on the EA worlds too. I have not tweaked the video settings, I will try that ( although I'm pretty sure lowering them won't don anything ).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 13 May 2012, 20:33

Hello,

It has been known to work though, due to the lowered FPS rate.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 19:49

I lowered the graphic settings and... it worked !!!! The freezes are very rare now and only last for 1-2 seconds. The game is completely playable now ! I don't know why I didn't think about that in the first place, sometimes the easiest solution is the best. Thank Lady ElDi, I wuv u ! :3

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 14 May 2012, 20:14

Hello,

Glad to hear that it worked Very Happy
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top