Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansion packs to D: drive...???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansion packs to D: drive...??? Empty Installing expansion packs to D: drive...???

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 05:48

I've been reading the threads, but can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong when installing the expansion packs. 
The base game works fine on D: but when I go to choose the place for the expansion packs it defaults back to C: and when I change it to D: I'm not sure where to put it. Just on the plain D: it says "already installed the sims 3", and when I put it in D:/Game it installs but won't run..the error message says "error at startup, check the log". I watched your video and there are no extra expansion packs in the Wow...SIMS3 folder. Another thread also said don't install Origin, so I didn't this time but it's still not working. I'm at a loss...

I keep seeing things about copying and pasting files, I haven't done any of that, not sure where and what to copy to or from where. Maybe that's the problem?? HELP, 
Erin

//EDIT

Hello???? Anybody? What's the deal with the SKU? Do I need to change it?

Helper Edit: Please do not "bump" topics (Bumping topics is against the forum rules). Helpers are all volunteering for this, and are not obliged to help you folks. Impatience won't help anything.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion packs to D: drive...??? Empty Re: Installing expansion packs to D: drive...???

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 06 Dec 2013, 18:46

Hello,

When you install the game/s, be sure to select 'Custom' installation. There's a screen that'll say "C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3". Just click the 'Change' button and point it to where you want to install.

You should probably make subfolders under (example):
D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

The full path would look something like (example): 
D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\World Adventures.

So in other words, all sub-folders are an EXTENSION of the original \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Hope that helps.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion packs to D: drive...??? Empty Re: Installing expansion packs to D: drive...???

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 19:36

i did that already. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 06 Dec 2013, 19:38

Just to clarify, the error you've got is "The sims 3 is already installed" and "Error During Startup" right?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 03:04

yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 04:17

Since you've got several errors, I think you should do a clean re-install.

To do a clean re-install (I emphasise "clean" because it's very important and vital):

1. Download and install Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org.
2. Choose "The Sims 3" and click the button "Uninstall" when the panel of Your Uninstaller Pro has popped up.
3. Choose Super Mode and click "Next".
4. Wait for it to uninstall the base game.
5. The uninstallation wizard may ask you to restart your pc. Choose the alternative instead.
6. Wait for Your Uninstaller Pro to scan for leftovers and remaining registry.
7. If the Uninstaller found any, select all and delete them all.
8. Restart your pc.

Once you have done that, download and install CC Cleaner. Use the registry cleaner included in the CC Cleaner and scan for and fix all the issues. And then you can proceed to re-installation.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top