Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs Empty Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 06:01

I suggest that the torrent file for any The Sims 3 Expansion Packs have their patch in the "Update" folder to be removed. This will greatly reduce the size of the torrent file as the patch consume a lot of space. Another reason for the patch to be removed is because as the time flies, it will become obsolete. So no point downloading outdated patch for each expansion pack, as it only waste time waiting for the torrent to download everything (for those who have slow internet connection) and use unnecessary bandwidth.
I hope you take this suggestion into your consideration. What he said. 
The Sims Plumbob 1 Another note for it, is to removed the Origin setup file and the "#Crack" folder as well also with the same reason, it will become obsolete when new version arrived. This is optional.

Back to top Go down

Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs Empty Re: Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Dec 2013, 06:21

Josh95 wrote:I suggest that the torrent file for any The Sims 3 Expansion Packs have their patch in the "Update" folder to be removed. This will greatly reduce the size of the torrent file as the patch consume a lot of space. Another reason for the patch to be removed is because as the time flies, it will become obsolete. So no point downloading outdated patch for each expansion pack, as it only waste time waiting for the torrent to download everything (for those who have slow internet connection) and use unnecessary bandwidth.
I hope you take this suggestion into your consideration. What he said. 
The Sims Plumbob 1 Another note for it, is to removed the Origin setup file and the "#Crack" folder as well also with the same reason, it will become obsolete when new version arrived. This is optional.
Hello,

I do understand your concerns, and I'm sorry to hear about that, but first of all, modifying torrents that are "out there" already is not an option. Secondly, I don't think the Admins will actually go through the hassle by taking down the existing torrents, and re-uploading new ones.

But of course, I'll leave it to the Admins to reply here too.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs Empty Re: Reduce the setup size for The Sims 3 Expansion Packs

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Dec 2013, 14:42

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.
As Carlos said, it's impossible to modify existing torrents. They're viral now and will continue to exist even if we decide to upload new, smaller versions of the files. The chance of that happening is very small though.
I do believe that our newer torrents are in fact smaller, because certain files have been removed. I'm not sure which ones, Admin can tell you more about that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Dec 2013, 20:29

Hi there,

At the moment, we mainly remove the Mac updates to reduce file size. Removing the Windows ones might cause issues for people who are new to torrenting, because when you install a new expansion pack, the installation wizard will automatically try to update the game to the minimum version that the expansion pack requires to be installed. If someone doesn't update their game using these instructions, they are going to need that patch, or else the installation will fail. (And people might think that the torrent doesn't work at all)

I tried removing the "Help" files ones - didn't think that would cause any problems - and that resulted in releasing a [FIXED] version of the Pets expansion pack, so that should say enough. Razz

Let's hope that clears up. If not, please let us know!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 03:00

Thank you for taking time to answer. I do know if you removed the super patcher the installation will fail because it need a minimum version in order to work.

But still you can make an announcement in the forum of The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix to have the latest version before installing any expansion/stuff packs. Or maybe you can alter the game setup to notify the user to update the game by downloading the latest patch instead. I know is hassle to re-upload the new content, so its ok. Just what I think to help the minority who is new to the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Dec 2013, 17:30

Hi there,

Josh95 wrote:Or maybe you can alter the game setup to notify the user to update the game by downloading the latest patch instead.

That is exactly what we try to avoid. Razz
Besides, the a lot of people prefer the .torrent version of the patches, due to their huge file size.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top