Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)? Empty Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)?

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 13:30

I have brought the Sims 4 CD like over two years now and I've only got the 'Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat (CD).' If I download the other expansion packs, game packs or stuff packs (torrented versions) will it work with my CD game or will something happen to my original game.

Please help.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)? Empty Re: Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)?

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 13:59

Yes, you can play with a mix of original and downloaded expansions.
However, don't let Origin update your game as you will lose the illegal games installed.
Also, most probably your game-version via Origin will be higher than the version of the downloads.
Go to Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and open the file GameVersion with f.e. notepad.
Change it to  1.13.104.1010 and save it.
Also, you won't have access to the Gallery anymore.

Back to top Go down

Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)? Empty Re: Torrented Game Packs, Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs work with the Sims 4 (CD)?

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 14:38

Why won't I have access to the Gallery?
And thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jun 2016, 03:56

TheDecentSimmer wrote:Why won't I have access to the Gallery?
And thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum @TheDecentSimmer,

If you apply pirated files to a legit Sims 4 game, what you will end up with is...exactly, a non-legit (pirated) game, since you now have modified files.

And due to these modified files, it is not possible anymore to access the gallery with modified files, or a pirated Sims 4. There is, however, the possibility of having both a legit game and a pirated game on the same computer. I personally don't recommend this procedure, since there is a lot you can do wrong, but yes. 

What you essentially do is to re-download all pirated Sims 4 games from G4TW, and install them according to the instructions included. The correct install order can be found here, along with other useful information. Then you should have a look at my lengthier message in another thread here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions#150639

Overall it's a lengthy procedure, but ultimately the only way, if you really insist on having the gallery-access. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum @TheDecentSimmer,

If you apply pirated files to a legit Sims 4 game, what you will end up with is...exactly, a non-legit (pirated) game, since you now have modified files.

And due to these modified files, it is not possible anymore to access the gallery with modified files, or a pirated Sims 4. There is, however, the possibility of having both a legit game and a pirated game on the same computer. I personally don't recommend this procedure, since there is a lot you can do wrong, but yes. 

What you essentially do is to re-download all pirated Sims 4 games from G4TW, and install them according to the instructions included. The correct install order can be found here, along with other useful information. Then you should have a look at my lengthier message in another thread here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions#150639

Overall it's a lengthy procedure, but ultimately the only way, if you really insist on having the gallery-access. Good luck !

Unless you now how to delete cache files in the directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Jun 2016, 14:48

storeguy wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
(...)

Unless you (k)now how to delete cache files in the directory.

What...? Razz
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top