Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED] Empty Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 03:22

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem, I cannot select a pose from the pose list; the sim resets itself or does an error trap (nraas error trap mod installed). I have tried removing "problematic" poses, possibly conflicting mods, etc. with no avail; help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 04:55

First of all I suggest you delete the cache files inside the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
Socialcache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for a folder that says WorldCaches. Delete anything inside of it.

In the meantime you should also download Delphy's Dashboard and test if there are any conflicting packages in Mods\Packages or Mods\Overrides. I believe some of the poses that remain in your folder are not functional and conflicting with other mods/Custom Content, causing this to happen.

Please let us know the result and good luck! Wink
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 05:00

I have absolutely done that as well, except for the thumbnails one. I will try that asap and get back with you in a few :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 09 Dec 2013, 05:32

Hello,

Are you using this for your poses?  If so, that's fine.  If not, I suggest using it!

Have you tried testing out other Sims and/or save games to see if it happens to everyone?  My suggestion to you would be to take out ALL MODS except the Pose Player and the pose pack you want to use, then test it out within game, after deleting the majority of all of your Cache (again) like J.T. suggested.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 06:01

I have tried using other saves and the exact same thing happens, I have actually tried removing all of my poses except for one or two and yet the same thing occurs as well. I can only type the name of the poses in for them to work (for the ones I do know). I always reset my caches and delete all neccessary items to make the game "faster" and etc. I just thought it was a faulty pose since some people don't compress their poses and pack them; so I compress them myself. Thanks for the info though!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 06:02

Addison3522, which pose player have you actually installed? You can only install either Pose Player (the one Sephy's mentioned) or Animation Player (here is the link). Do not install both!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 06:05

I only have pose player, I never use animations. I've been using this thing since it came out with no problems, I've even had them installed together when I was younger with no problems; so I'm not a newbie xD

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 06:09

Well first things first, take out all the poses and even Pose Player.

Try the following method to identify which pose is the cause of the problem:

Cannot select from pose list. [SOLVED] 50pflo10
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 07:00

Thanks so much, I've removed the ones I recently downloaded and the pose list works again! I will play around and see which one is the problem; thanks again Smile ♥️

Helper Edit: Problem solved, topic locked.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top