Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED] Empty Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 02:24

I've been trying to install the toddler/vampire/bowling update and the parenthood pack for almost 24 hours now to no avail. I've gotten the loading screen and the map bugs and was able to fix those using the minipatches, but I keep getting this other bug starting from the toddler patch that I cannot get rid of no matter what I do. Everything loads fine and everything's there, but when I click another sim, no interactions pop up. I can click on objects, and I can click on the sim I currently have selected (for go jogging and all that stuff), but never any other sims so I can't socialize. I've tried a fresh install with new save and no mods but that doesn't work. It works fine up until city living, and the bug starts up as soon as I apply the toddler patch. Installing parenthood and the parenthood minipatch doesn't change it. I've tried running as administrator, creating new Game, Data, and Sims 4 folders (in documents) and I am completely out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 08:25

I have the exact same issue. I reinstalled my game, removed my cc, used low settings but nothing helped. I was like okay, maybe my laptop doesn't handle it well but that was not the problem. I was able to run the game smoothly before the vampire and toddler patch, even if my sims were on bigger lots. Now even if I have Laptop mode on, the problem that you've mentioned keeps coming up again and again.

Back to top Go down

Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't select other sims (and therefore can't do anything) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:19

Anybody any advice? I'm just reinstalling everything for the third time now to see if anything's changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:40

Hi @calliepenguin

Unfortunately, I personally haven't encountered this bug myself. I'm not sure if this is allowed but perhaps you could zip up your save file (host it online somewhere) and send it over to me in PM? Just to check if I'm able to 'interact' with others in my game. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 20:22

Hi Ageha, thanks for the reply. 

Well I've tried it with numerous save files, including completely fresh ones, so I don't really see how that could be the issue. I just noticed though that my redownloads of City Living and Get Together are different sizes than my original ones so I'm going to install those and see if it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 14:54

I see,

Do keep me updated if you are able to interact now. Unfortunately since we don't have a solution, it seems you the only solution is to revert back to City Living (before this bug pops up). Other than that, there's the ZLOrigin if you're interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 22:59

Thanks for your support! I guess I must have had some corrupted files somewhere in Get Together and City Living that were screwing up the later packs, because installing the re-downloads worked fine and the bug's gone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:13

Glad to hear you've got it working again!
Happy Simming~!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top