Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 22:02

Hello, I am having the same problem as "CrimsonKiss", but there is no solution in their thread as you asked them to go to the 1-to-1 support. I have the sims 3 base game, which is a retail copy, and have generations, which installed first, world adventures and ambitions which I have downloaded from your site. I believe I have installed all the games correctly and have only installed the crack for generations like it says in the *must read* guide. I have never had to update my game because I installed generations first. I have checked and rechecked that the crack is in the correct folder, but I am no expert. Well, the game lets me play in build mode and buy mode, and also edit town and doesn't crash until I press play and after about 5 minutes of very slow gameplay the game crashes. I have removed all my package files like clothes and hair from the mods- packages folder, apart from one fence download as my house looked rubbish without it! As I thought that what was slowing my game down, and it did improve the load time as it was taking up to 45 minutes to load before. But the game still crashes after 5 minutes Sad sorry about the hugeeeee post! Also, when the game crashes an error message comes up that says "Sims 3 has stopped working" and just gives me the option to close game.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 25 Jul 2011, 01:13

Hello,

First of all, please remove ALL your Custom Content and Modifications (Mods).
After that, please read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011
Be sure to try ALL of the options, including adding ALL the game's .exe files to the DEP. (Very important that you add them all)

After doing all of this, start the game and see if it makes any difference. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 00:59

Hiya, having an absolute nightmare! I have gone through all of the step with no avail so ended up uninstalling and reinstalling which has ended up taking me ages! And the game still doesn't work, I have uninstalled all my CC, I have no mods, packages or sims3pack files in launcher. I am running in windowed mode.

It just says the sims 3 is not responding, it crashed a couple of times during loading but manages to get to the select a town, then loads to the family then crashed after 5 minutes.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 01:14

beki.xo wrote:Hiya, having an absolute nightmare! I have gone through all of the step with no avail so ended up uninstalling and reinstalling which has ended up taking me ages! And the game still doesn't work, I have uninstalled all my CC, I have no mods, packages or sims3pack files in launcher. I am running in windowed mode.

It just says the sims 3 is not responding, it crashed a couple of times during loading but manages to get to the select a town, then loads to the family then crashed after 5 minutes.

Thanks.
Hello,

Please try turning off your DEP completely.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 12:30

Hi, how do I turn it off completely? I've tried googling it but can't find anything apart from a couple of different instructions and I don't wanna mess anything up.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Jul 2011, 13:40

Hello,

Please try this:

1. Open "Start" and type cmd in the search box. Press enter.
2. A command window should open. Now, type the following there: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff (Note the spaces!)

3. Press enter. A confirmation should appear.
4. Restart your PC and DEP should be off.
5. Start the game and see if it makes any difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 13:16

I also had this problem. I changed my DEP it works great now.

Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top