Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs Empty Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 01:38

So, some time ago I got the sims 3 starter pack (the base game, the night thing dlc, and the first stuff pack which I don't remember it's name) through the humble bundle. I have it in my origin account. I bought two more dlcs, and I have it fully updated. I think EA is a *****, and I completly disagree with the ridiculous prices they put on the S3 expansion packs (seriously, how the hell does an expansion pack cost more than the base game?). In the past I have played the Sims 3 only with pirated copies of it and it's expansions and I still have them (physically, in DVDs), so I was wondering if I could install them and if could have any problems with that.

Sorry for my english, and thanks. And also, I've seen similar posts to this one here, but I didn't find those useful, so sorry if I'm spamming.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs Empty Re: Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 05:11

Hello,

Yes, you can install them by doing this steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

Original and Pirated is similar in some ways. One of their difference is you can't register pirated in EA. Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs Empty Re: Sims 3 original base game (Origin), pirated expansion packs

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 14:58

There are some things that I didn't understand... For example, if I have the base game via origin, do I have to follow steps 2 and 3? And if I install pirated expansion packs, will I have to be careful with something when going to play, can I have any problems with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Dec 2013, 15:25

ElMaestruli wrote:There are some things that I didn't understand... For example, if I have the base game via origin, do I have to follow steps 2 and 3? And if I install pirated expansion packs, will I have to be careful with something when going to play, can I have any problems with that?

Yes you do, and remember to do step 4 also. Read the footnote of the step 4 (the words in italic): (If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin ).

If you follow the guide, you will be fine.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 17:34

Hey, I just installed three expansion packs (World Adventures, University and Pets), and they show up in the launcher as if they were installed correctly (thy are, yes), but I didn't followed steps 2, 3 and 4. So... would I be able to play with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Dec 2013, 18:08

If you install cracked and legit games at the same time, you have to follow the guide in order to successfully play the game. Otherwise, you will only get "No Disk Found" error...

My previous post has told you whether or not you need to follow the guide. Please read.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 06:06

Hey, and what does it mean that I have to RE-download and RE- apply in steps 2 and 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 12 Dec 2013, 06:26

ElMaestruli wrote:Hey, and what does it mean that I have to RE-download and RE- apply in steps 2 and 3?

Yes it is recommended to do steps 2-4 (not steps 2-3, but steps 2-4).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 06:31

You mean 2, 3 m and 4? And what do those RE download and RR apply mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 07:04

It mean download it and apply/install it.

(The reason they used "re", because the guide assumes the reader already done it before) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Dec 2013, 00:36

It worked! Thank you very much.
Can I still get stuff from the exchange? I read somewhere thet if you have installed pirated expansion packs you shouldn't do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Dec 2013, 16:29

Hello,

You can, you still have a registered game so you can still use the exchange.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top