Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious error occured while loading saved game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious error occured while loading saved game. Empty Serious error occured while loading saved game.

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:12

Hello. I have this issue since almost a year already. I tried everything I found on the web about fixing it. I tried the windows compatibility fix,the version fix...
I don't have McAfee either. I don't know what else I can do to fix it this issue.
I downloaded the games from here,installed them like in the "How to install Sims correctly" post and the version fix.
I'm running on Windows XP,SP3 and I have my DirectX 9 up to date.
What else can I do? Sad  Please help. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Serious error occured while loading saved game. Empty Re: Serious error occured while loading saved game.

Post by J.T. Fri 29 Nov 2013, 16:02

What error did you get? Did the error message look something like this: "Serious Error Occured while loading .world"? If that is the case,

If the world you encountered error with is a neighbourhood from the store, delete the content of the folder DCCache completely and remove anything inside the folder "InstalledWorlds" in C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Relaunch you launcher (or use CC Magic), redownload the sims3pack from www.games4theworlddownloads.org and re-install it again.

If the world you encountered error with is a neighbourhood that comes with an expansion pack, you might want to uninstall the expansion pack, REBOOT your computer, and reinstall the expansion pack again.

Please let us know the result after trying out these solutions!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Serious error occured while loading saved game. Empty Re: Serious error occured while loading saved game.

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 16:49

I get a error like this "A serious error occurred while loading .sims3. We strongly recommend that you restart application". It's not only a neighbourhood,it happens with all of them,even Sunset Valley. I reinstalled the game and all my expansion pack a hundred times but that didn't fix it.

Last edited by Lavander93 on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 16:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 29 Nov 2013, 16:55

Let me ask you a couple of questions so that you can be helped effectively. Answer all of them sincerely:
1. Can you recall what you have done during reinstallation? Did you clear all registry keys and leftover files and reboot your pc before installing them again?

2. Does this error happen only with the old saves? Have you tried with a new save?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 16:59

Yes,I cleaned registry and leftover files and it happens with all my saves,old and new.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:01

Lavander93 wrote:Yes,I cleaned registry and leftover files and it happens with all my saves,old and new.
When I said "Cleaning registry files" I mean following this guide thoroughly: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall.

Did you look up the registry keys with registry editor with the help of this guide?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:10

I didn't use that program but I remember doing something like the Advanced registry cleaning. Should I uninstall the game and all my expansion packs again and try clean the registry keys with that program?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:14

Before doing so, may I ask if you have any mods/Custom Content?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:21

I have only the Nrass mods,like Master Controller,Overwatch and Error Trap and very few costum content that I tried removing and see if that fixes the problem but it didnt.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:25

Here are some things that might help you:

1. Rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to whatever you want and restart the launcher/game. Now test with a new save to see if this error persists.

2. You might want to have a look at this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3642-a-serious-error-has-occurred-while-loading-possible-fix-the-sims-3-neigbourhood-loading. It's worth a try but it's not guranteed that this will work for you.

If all these don't work, follow the guide in the link I have given to you: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall. Make sure you follow it without any missteps.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:19

J.T. wrote:Here are some things that might help you:

1. Rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to whatever you want and restart the launcher/game. Now test with a new save to see if this error persists.

2. You might want to have a look at this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3642-a-serious-error-has-occurred-while-loading-possible-fix-the-sims-3-neigbourhood-loading. It's worth a try but it's not guranteed that this will work for you.

If all these don't work, follow the guide in the link I have given to you: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall. Make sure you follow it without any missteps.
Hello. Sorry for late response but I got a little busy. None of those methods worked for me. I didn't miss any steps. I still get the error Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:21

Then you should follow the guide I have given to you to initate a clean reinstallation: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall.

Please make sure you have followed it correctly and precisely! Do not overlook every step of the guide!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:28

I did follow that guide but it still didn't work. I did the clean install like in that link and then re-installed using the "How to install Sims 3 correctly" guide and applied the Ultimate Fix also.
I don't get why it's still not working. I actually thought it might be custom skin cause as soon as I added it I got the error,but after removing it I still got it.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Dec 2013, 15:04

It might sound radical but I start to suspect the torrents you have downloaded are corrupted.  Please re-download them from www.games4theworld.org, and remember to manually uninstall the games with the same guide.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top