Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unknown error" The Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unknown error" The Sims 3 Empty "Unknown error" The Sims 3

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 04:34

Hi everyone! I know it's a little bit late and you will probably read this post in a lot of hours:
Two days ago I downloaded The Sims 3 and every EP's that are available on the Games4theworld website, and I followed exactly the rules for installing the game. In fact the installations are not my problem: my problem is that when, after I install the base game and generations, I upload the game to 1.63 with the manual patch and copy the content of the CRACK folder (the one in the FIX) in the Base game folder, I obtain a message saying that "an unknown error occurred".
What can I do? Am I doing something wrong with the installation? Or maybe with the uploading and patching?

By the way, I have an early MacBook Pro Retina 15", with 8 Gb of RAM 1600 MHz DDR3, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1024 Mb and 256 Gb of memory.

Sorry for my english, I'm not a mother tongue!

Have a nice day and I hope you will hep me with this problem!

Back to top Go down

"Unknown error" The Sims 3 Empty Re: "Unknown error" The Sims 3

Post by Dieneryn Thu 19 Dec 2013, 05:05

Hello,

Did you download your base game from game4theworld? Because the base game here is not for Macs.

Please read this: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

In the guide, there is a download link for the base game. Please try that instead Smile

Also, you need to uninstall properly before you install the new base game. Read this: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Let me know if this helps you Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 18:54

Hello Dieneryn 
I'm currently updating The Sims 3 as it's written in the guide! All seems to be fine! Thank you for your help, I will write later if everything is working Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 20 Dec 2013, 00:57

That's great to hear Very Happy

And yes, please let us know how everything works out in the end Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Dec 2013, 01:19

Hi...
Something went wrong: I did everything as the guide says, but after Ambitions it stopped updating the games, I thought that wash't important so I continued with the installation. Even if I have installed "Into the Future" the launcher says the last expansion that I installed is "Island Paradise"! I copied the crack into the Bin folder, but when I try to start the game this is what I obtain:

Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

and then:

Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058d546
Do you wish to debug it? Y/N

Also if I stay in the main launcher for more than 20 seconds a message show up saying than I'm playing a "non final, unauthorized copy of the game"

Please help me! I think I'm going to destroy this f*king Mac!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 23 Dec 2013, 03:40

Hello!

Sorry for the late response. Do you happen to have any mods or cc?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:34

Hey!
I patched again the game and everything was fine until 10 minutes ago, when I changed the screen resolution and it stopped working again. I don't know why but the game seems to start but I can't see anything, it just says on the desktop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 24 Dec 2013, 14:13

Hmm..  How much space do you have left in your mac?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top