Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred  Empty Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 02:28

I've installed all the games successfully, and yet after I've applied the patch (1.67.2.024001) and tried to apply the ultimate fix (I have a macbook and I've followed the instructions as closely as possible), I'm now getting this when I try to open the game, I get the message "Unknown Error Occurred".) 

A couple of days ago, I was playing just fine with the 1.66 patch and almost all expansions, then when I tried to install more expansions, I messed something up to where I had to reinstall everything. So obviously, since I was able to install sims 3 and some expansions correctly last week, I'm kinda wondering if I've missed something really stupidly obvious, or if I should reinstall again.

I currently have all the expansions installed.
I have the ultimate fix files in the correct place (game/bin of the sims 3 base game file), and I can't figure out why I can't get it to work.

Could someone please help me out if possible?  Maybe I should reinstall everything again (which isn't a big deal as I have all the dmgs saved in case of something happening)

UPDATE: I now managed to get the launcher open by deleting preferences items that weren't erased properly from the uninstallation I did two-three days ago. Now I get the error of "No game disc found. Please insert the Into the Future Disc" after I've put the crack into the base game/bin folder. Any suggestions on what to do?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred  Empty Re: Sims 3 Unknown Error Occurred

Post by Dieneryn Mon 24 Feb 2014, 05:23

Hello,

You might want to follow the instructions I will paste below.. Do check the uninstall guide and see if you have done a clean uninstall prior to reinstalling. Smile

(Please click HERE for detailed instructions!)

* If you have previously installed The Sims 3 on your mac, please do a FULL and CLEAN uninstall before proceeding.

1) Install your base game.
2) *Update your base game to the latest version via the launcher's Game Updates tab. [Current: V1.67]
3) Unzip original Expansion Pack files with Stuffit Expander(Skip Steps 3 & 4 if you have downloaded your EPs in .iso or .dmg)
4) Create .dmg files of the EPs with Disk Utility.
5) Install EPs in order of release.
6) Apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix for Mac. (Use ONLY the two files in the main #Crack folder!)
7) Enjoy your game!

Again, if you are unsure about one of the steps, please view THIS GUIDE for images and detailed instructions!

* If the update fails via the launcher for some reason, please download the manual patch instead HERE.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 15:03

Dieneryn wrote:Hello,

You might want to follow the instructions I will paste below.. Do check the uninstall guide and see if you have done a clean uninstall prior to reinstalling. Smile

(Please click for detailed instructions!)

* If you have previously installed The Sims 3 on your mac, please do a before proceeding.

1) Install your base game.
2) *Update your base game to the latest version via the launcher's Game Updates tab. [Current: V1.67]
3) Unzip original Expansion Pack files with  (Skip Steps 3 & 4 if you have downloaded your EPs in .iso or .dmg)
4) Create .dmg files of the EPs with Disk Utility.
5) Install EPs in order of release.
6) Apply the (Use ONLY the two files in the main #Crack folder!)
7) Enjoy your game!

Again, if you are unsure about one of the steps, please view for images and detailed instructions!

* If the update fails via the launcher for some reason, please download the manual patch instead

Ive done this to  T and cant get it to work.  I still get the unknown error occurred.  Im trying to install into the future.  if i uninstall into the future, the base game works fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 04 May 2014, 04:33

Hello,

Did you download the file from this website? You might want to redownload and create the .dmg again. 

There is a possibility that the file was not properly unzipped. Make sure you used Stuffit Expander! Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top