Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Empty No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 23:07

I've installed the games before and I've never encountered this problem. I installed them all without issue, applied the manual patch, and the Ultimate Fix and started the game. And the loading screen is black. All I can see is the green loading bar and the sliding text and the bottom, but they never slide away, they just pile on each other and leave streaks of text as they go. When that's finished, the world list is visible, but no other text is. Some text is visible in options, but any age sliders or describing text or drop down menus are blank. Even all the texts for the weather and supernatual beings are gone in the options. I haven't started playing past this point. After having the menu screen open for a while (while busy doing something else) it shut down my computer.

I've even ran the game without CC and it was the same. I reapplied the patch and crack and result was the same. The only thing I'm worried that might be the problem is that when I was installing World Adventures I did apply Crack 2 because it wouldn't allow me to continue without it. I didn't apply the last crack, I just updated the game, and copy and pasted something that isn't a usual crack. 

All my Sims 3 are Games4TheWorld Games, and all my Mods are up to date(not that that matters since the game runs the same with or without CC).
No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Sims_311
No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Option11

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 04:20; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added pictures)

Back to top Go down

No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Dec 2013, 02:25

Hanakazari wrote:I've installed the games before and I've never encountered this problem. I installed them all without issue, applied the manual patch, and the Ultimate Fix and started the game. And the loading screen is black. All I can see is the green loading bar and the sliding text and the bottom, but they never slide away, they just pile on each other and leave streaks of text as they go. When that's finished, the world list is visible, but no other text is. Some text is visible in options, but any age sliders or describing text or drop down menus are blank. Even all the texts for the weather and supernatual beings are gone in the options. I haven't started playing past this point. After having the menu screen open for a while (while busy doing something else) it shut down my computer.

I've even ran the game without CC and it was the same. I reapplied the patch and crack and result was the same. The only thing I'm worried that might be the problem is that when I was installing World Adventures I did apply Crack 2 because it wouldn't allow me to continue without it. I didn't apply the last crack, I just updated the game, and copy and pasted something that isn't a usual crack. 

All my Sims 3 are Games4TheWorld Games, and all my Mods are up to date(not that that matters since the game runs the same with or without CC).
No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Sims_311
No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Option11

Hello,

Can you make sure to upate your graphics drivers, if you haven't done that yet ?

Also, if that doesn't help, try this 'solution':

1. Go to My documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Just change the folder's name.

2. Un-install just the base game, then re-boot the computer, and re-install the base game.

3. After that, re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here, exactly as they are described: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

4. Bo back to My documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" back to normal again.

5. Start the game and see if the same happens.

Good luck and keep me updated !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: No text or Loading Screen Pictures - Please Help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2013, 06:17

it's fixed now, thank you

Moderator edit: if you have any other question, feel free to open a new topic. Smile  This is closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top