Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus Empty Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 04:47

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Not a computer n00b by any means, however, I'm totally stumped. I have been playing SPN on my laptop since it came out, and updated everything with the Ultimate Fix with no problems. However, on my desktop, when I start the game, I get a gray loading screen with the progress bar and scrolling text, and then when the game loads, I get no town descriptions, no log-in menu, etc. Any ideas why this could be happening? I took out all my CC and Mods, completely re-did the Ultimate Fix, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I just got rid of all the install files, so I'd rather not dl them all again, but I will if anyone deems it necessary.

Also, in case it's relevant, I bought HELS off Origin. For the SimPort. Wink\

Thanks everyone!
N

Back to top Go down

Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus Empty Re: Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:09

Hello,

Ouch, you may have to reinstall if our suggestions don't work. Did you also delete the RAR's? See if they can still be recovered from your recycle bin if you have to.
Lets see though, it could be a graphic issue, are your graphics drivers up to date?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus Empty Re: Supernatural Gray Loading Screen / No text in menus

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 16:22

My graphics drivers are up to date, I checked them yesterday. This desktop is literally 2 days old. I downloaded Supernatural again, and I'm going to re-install it, and then apply the Ultimate Fix again, to see if maybe a file got corrupted during my install. If that doesn't work, I guess I will have to re-install everything, and try to go into the game one EP/SP at a time, to see if it's something else.

UPDATE: Uninstalled and re-installed everything. It told me I had a game modification that doesn't match my patch level, even though I removed all my mods and CC from it prior to uninstalling everything. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 04 Oct 2012, 19:55

Hello,

Please do step 2 to 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps! That should fix the error.

If not, please let us know.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:57

Quick question for Admin/Lady Eldi, as all of my games are downloading right now, does it matter in which order I install them in, as long as I reapply the correct crack to the base game when I'm done? As in, Ambitions is done, but WA is not.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Oct 2012, 09:54

Hello,

That doesn't matter at all, as long as you have one of the expansions required for the fix. You may not even have to recrack it. Just install and try, if the game works, you don't need to crack it. If it doesn't, the crack from the fix is the only crack you need.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top