Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent) Empty Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent)

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 06:50

So I torrented Sims 3 University Life and have installed and cracked it, which all worked fine (I already had the Sims 3 base game, Sims 3 Ambitions, Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff and Sims 3 Late Night installed via CDs that I purchased from a store).

However pretty much immediately after launching the game a blue screen comes up as if it is going to load like normal, but then it closes and it comes up with this error message:

"Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x141a0000 at address 0x7c471070.

Do you wish to debug it ?"

I chose to debug it and it froze as a result and I had to force quit it.

I own a mac and its running on os x 10.7.5

My game is updated to 1.57.62.023001 and it was completely updated before I installed university life. When I open the launcher, it asks me if I want to update my game, but I always cancel the request.

Help!!

Moderator edit: next time, don't use "black" as a font color anymore, OK ? Wink  The messages can't be read on a dark background...

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent) Empty Re: Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent)

Post by Dieneryn Tue 24 Dec 2013, 14:18

Hello,

Please follow these steps:

1) Download the manual patch and apply it to update your game to V1.63 https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

2) Re-install University Life (Do not use any cracks that came with the download. Just simply install the EP.)

3) Download and apply the Ultimate Fix here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Do try that out and let us know if it helps Wink 
Happy Holidays!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent) Empty Re: Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent)

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 04:08

First of all sorry moderator I did not realise it was in black!
Secondly, since my disc games have been a bit glitchy and I have reinstalled and uninstalled sims 3 games multiple times on my computer in the past, I decided to completely uninstall everything (I used your provided link on how to uninstall the sims 3 completely) and started again from scratch, so I didn't try the fix. I was a bit rash sorry I should have tried it first, but thanks for your help and speedy reply!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 07:08

Great! 

No worries about the text. Do let us know if your install works Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent) Empty Installing EPs in order

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:35

Hi Dieneryn in your reply above you said that you need to install the Eps in order of release? Is that compulsory in order to make them work? I've downloaded my favourites only (world adventures, university life, supernatural) because I don't have enough download allowance to do all of them. If I try and install others at a later date to fill the gaps after I've already applied the ultimate fix will it not work (if this is the case it would be good to mention this in your pdf guide for installing sims 3 on macs)?

Helper edit: I have moved your post. Please follow the rules by posting all your questions under your own topic. Thanks! Smile - Dieneryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 13:44

Hello,

It is not compulsary. It's just that Sims 3 on mac can be weird at times so it is "safer" to do it in order. But it is not a huge problem for now.

Also, thanks for your feedback. We are working to improve the guide. Your suggestion will be taken into consideration. Again, thank you!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent) Empty 70s, 80s and 90s won't install- not compatible

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 15:37

Hi so after doing a clean uninstall following the information provided at this link: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/ I've begun to reinstall everything in order (just to be safe) whilst following your guide on how to install the sims on mac correctly completely. I've so far installed the base game, world adventures, high-end loft, ambitions, fast lane, late night, outdoor living, generations, town life, pets, master suite, showtime, supernatural and seasons (all from G4TW pirate bay channel except for late night, supernatural and seasons, which I bought in disc form from a store).

After installing seasons via the disc (I just bought this one, whereas my other discs are older), I opened the launcher to check that everything seemed okay before I installed 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff and it came up with this message:
"The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher." (I had not got this message before when opening the launcher)
and I noted that it said my game was version 15.0.135.018001.

Then when I went to install 70s, 80s and 90s immediately after installing seasons it came up with this message whilst running the installer: “The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff Compatibility error:
The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff” and it would not install the files.

What should I do? Install some kind of patch or update? I've been opening the launcher each time after I've installed a new EP and the only other notable things is that sometimes I get the "Unknown error occurred" message and the launcher won't open (only after I've added some specific Eps, and not with others). But I figured I'd wait until I'd done part 4 of the mac guide to deal with this- I haven't applied this part yet.
Thankyooou!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:30

Hello,

Please update your game to version 1.63 before proceeding.
If the launcher update does not work, please try the manual update here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

Have a happy new year Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Error code after launching, asks if I want to debug and it freezes when I do? (Sims 3 University Life torrent) Empty Into the future and island paradise don't show up after installation

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 18:11

Hello,

My game has been working well for about a year and a half. Occasionally it crashes with the 'unexplained error' message, but not frequently enough for it to be annoying. I just installed sims 3 into the future and island paradise (following the mac guide that you provide) but when I start up the launcher, it is for university life (the latest expansion I had before installing the other two). The icons along the bottom for into the future and island paradise are not highlighted like they should be if they were installed properly, and when I play the game its like the they were never installed. I have already reapplied the ultimate fix but it didn't make a difference. Any suggestions?

Side note: The icons in the launcher also are not highlighted for ambitions, outdoor living stuff and high-end loft stuff even though I've installed them, but these expansions appear to be installed when I actually play the game.

Thanks heaps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 21 Jul 2015, 16:30

Hello berocca,

First of all, I am really glad to hear that we could help you in the past Smile And this time, we will help you again, no worries!

It was a frequent problem right after Island Paradise came out. I don't know what tricks it, but only solution I've found is right after installing the expansion packs, patch your game again for the latest patch  and apply The Ultimate Fix.

You can see the post here about this problem if your problem continues AFTER try the patching and applying ultimate fixfirst: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13328-possible-solution-for-those-who-are-having-problem-with-island-paradise 

Please let me know the result!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top