Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED] Empty "The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 13:30

Hello  :newfag: 

So first of all I originally had the games I'd bought:
-The Sims 3 
-Nightlife
-World Adventures
-Pets
-Fast Lane Stuff

Then I found your website through thepiratebay and downloaded the following from you:
-Island Paradise
-University Life
-Supernatural
-Into the future

And they all worked great!
But then suddenly when starting up my game I was getting a "The Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working" error and I looked on the more information on the error and it was an "APPCRASH" error? I tried just starting up the game without the launcher in my program files but then I got a "The Sims 3 has stopped working" error too. 
So I backed up all my saved games and custom content and spent all day yesterday and this morning uninstalling and reinstalling, first my bought games (Besdies nightlife and pets which I have lost) and then the ones from you + nightlife and generations and I did all the cracks and didn't move my back up files across. But on the launcher at first it didn't crash straight away which I thought was good news and said there was a game update available for 1.63, which I tried to do but then it told me that an "invalid file" was found so it couldn't update. 
Basically I'm just really stuck and I don't know what to do! I'm completely lost
 Help 
 Thankyou in advance  I love you

Last edited by joisaliveonceagain on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 22:47; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 01:01

Go to this link n follow the instructions..the invalid file appear because u need to apply the ultimate fix after u update the game.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3- Not responding [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 15:49

I've recently installed The Sims 3 Seasons from games4theworld but whenever I try to start the game the screen simply goes black as if to launch but then doesn't start at all (I've even left it for an hour with no response). When I open task manager it says the sims 3 is not responding so I have to end the programme. I've applied the ultimate fix twice no and nothing has worked! Please help? Sad

[UPDATE] 
Just discovered it also says on the launcher "Error: The process could not be started". I'm going to try the ultimate fix once more and re apply the manual patch. I'll update again how I get on. Has no one else had this issue though?  Shocked

[UPDATE]
Nope, tried and still have the same problem!  

[SOLVED] 
Turned out to be an issue with the modthesims package folders. When I reinstalled my games I forgot to redo the framework setup from modthesims and simply pasted my mods folder backup back into my Sims 3 folder. Ugh I'm a fool
 Facepalm But oh well all is working now  I love you

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 has stopped working" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 22:32

"[SOLVED] 
Turned out to be an issue with the modthesims package folders. When I reinstalled my games I forgot to redo the framework setup from modthesims and simply pasted my mods folder backup back into my Sims 3 folder."

Could this be my problem?
I downloaded Seasons from here and followed the install instructions. When I start the game it loads past the little movie at the beginning and then crashes. I read on here to try deleting CC so I moved the folders and tried that and now it's working

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 22:45

Never mind, that didn't fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top