Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type?  [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 07:03

Hey Games4theworld,
I recently downloaded the torrent off of piratebay for the sims 3 seasons download. I verified that it was your guys' download file. However, when I finished downloading the torrent, i got this...

Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type?  [SOLVED] BfbObPWJuDwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
I don't know how to fix this problem. I can't do anything with this file. I have downloaded torrents for sims 3 expansion packs before. So I don't know what happened.   pale

I know how hard you guys work for these free downloads, and I appreciate your help! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type?  [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 27 Dec 2013, 07:16

First of all, are you sure you have completely downloaded the torrent? This can happen, if you haven't downloaded it fully.

Second, it might sound obvious, but have you installed any file archivers or data compression utilities (namely WinRAR, WinZip) on your computer? If you haven't, download WinRAR (recommended archiver) and try again.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type?  [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 expansion problem, no file type? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 07:59

I have WinRar installed, and I completely installed the torrent. I may have to update Utorrent and redownload the file. I will let you know if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 27 Dec 2013, 08:16

Hello,

Updating your uTorrent and/or re-downloading the file may not solve the problem. Also for the record, downloading a torrent file is different from actually downloading the file itself (via the torrent file!).  If you feel you were given adequate time to download the file and your uTorrent told you it had finished (in other words, you were then seeding the expansion), it may be that the extension of the file got a bit messed up - because judging by the image you provided, the expansion itself is just literally 1.93GB big.  

Your PC may not be SEEING it as a .rar file (.rar = an extension), hence why (again) in the image you provided it is literally entitled a 'file' file (confused yet? Razz).  My suggestion here may not solve the issue at all, but one thing you may try to do to get your PC to recognize the file is to right-click on the file itself, click 'Rename' and at the very end of the pre-made name (The Sims 3_Seasons [FULL]_ Games4theworld_) write '.rar'.  
So it will look like:  The Sims 3_Seasons [FULL]_ Games4theworld_.rar

Once you do this, hit enter and it MAY change how the file looks.  If it changes the file's icon to a stack of colored looking books, you've got it!  If not, that's okay. Worse case scenario, you attempt to run the file as-is and when your PC asks what program to run it in, search under the program list it gives you and use WinRAR.  

If all of this does NOT help, well, do exactly what you had already planned to do: re-install the entire expansion pack and/or update your uTorrent.  If you plan on re-downloading Seasons though, please don't forget to delete the file you showed us in the image you posted here!  Otherwise re-downloading would be a waste of time for you.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 00:48

Oh my gosh! That helped me so much. I just renamed it and then opened it with WinRAR and it worked! Thank you so very much Smile

~ Spoiler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 29 Dec 2013, 04:59

Spoiler wrote:Oh my gosh! That helped me so much. I just renamed it and then opened it with WinRAR and it worked! Thank you so very much Smile

~ Spoiler

Hello,

That is fantastic to hear and I'm glad!  Do you need anymore help with anything or have any further questions?  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Dec 2013, 23:19

Nope! That is all I need Smile
Again thank you so much for your help. You guys work really hard, and I am happy I can always count on the admins for help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 30 Dec 2013, 23:49

Spoiler wrote:Nope! That is all I need Smile
Again thank you so much for your help. You guys work really hard, and I am happy I can always count on the admins for help!

You're welcome!  Smile

Since your issue is solved, I will go ahead and close this topic.  If you need any help or have any more questions, please don't hesitate to open a new topic in the appropriate section/s of the forum!

Have a great New Year!  Razz

Topic Closed.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top