Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims disappeared  Empty sims disappeared

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 22:01

hi I've been having major problems with my game
I recently installed the latest store fix and when I went back onto my game, my sims have disappeared including their portrait. I've tried everything to fix it but nothing works. please help. at first all my sims money went to but it all of a sudden came back. I tried removing the fix but the problem still prevails.
please help!!

Back to top Go down

sims disappeared  Empty Re: sims disappeared

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jan 2014, 18:58

sabreen wrote:hi I've been having major problems with my game
I recently installed the latest store fix and when I went back onto my game, my sims have disappeared including their portrait. I've tried everything to fix it but nothing works. please help. at first all my sims money went to but it all of a sudden came back. I tried removing the fix but the problem still prevails.
please help!!

Hello,

Are you using any other mods besides the store fixes ?

Also, please remove ALL store fix files, especially the old ones. Also, make sure to delete the scriptCache.package file, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then put again the new fix files in.

As for the sims, how long did you wait ? For me, it sometimes takes a while until they (and the portraits on the left) show up. You can also click on the portrait of a sim, and let him/her shower. See what happens next...

Keep us updated !

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 19:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 19:23

hi sorry for the late reply. Im not using any mods just the fixes. I have removed all old ones and the cache files. I waited around 2 sim days and no one showed up . also now the whole icon has gone. It only shows 2 sims n the side and no one else.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jan 2014, 19:39

sabreen wrote:hi sorry for the late reply. Im not using any mods just the fixes. I have removed all old ones and the cache files. I waited around 2 sim days and no one showed up . also now the whole icon has gone. It only shows 2 sims n the side and no one else.

Try this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.

Look for a folder with the name of your savegame. It should look something like this... (Name of your savegame).sims3

Move the folder OUT of that location, just move it somewhere else. Then, you should have another folder (?) that looks like this:

(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup

You REMOVE the .backup ending of that folder, so that it looks like the one you moved out. Re-start the game and see if that helped. Also, again, try the method with the showering, if you haven't done that yet.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 19:43

ok i'll do that now. i'll keep you updated if the problem has been fixed

thanks

//EDIT

good news! all my sims are back and I can click on them again. thanks so much for your help. Also in my saves folder I have a (name of save).sims3.bad what should I do about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jan 2014, 20:15

sabreen wrote:ok i'll do that now. i'll keep you updated if the problem has been fixed

thanks

//EDIT

good news! all my sims are back and I can click on them again. thanks so much for your help. Also in my saves folder I have a (name of save).sims3.bad what should I do about this?

Well, the thing with the save folders seems to have done the trick. Smile  As for the folder with the .bad ending, you can safely delete it.

Probably your savefile got corrupted, so for the future, please do this here:

BACKUP all your savefiles to a safe location, like an external hard-drive or USB flashdrive. How often you backup your stuff depends on how often you play The Sims 3. Wink 

Have fun - and let us know if you have more questions !

P.S. you can use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top